LOR requests

I am a little hesitant to ask a doc I have shadowed for a lor because I have only been there for 3 days. Its hard with work to get to his office. Also, he travels around the state and is only in his main office on mondays and tuesdays. He likes to be in his main office when he has people shadow because it is easier for him. I do ask questions and stay all day, and he is a great doc and a great person! I am sure he would write one, I just worry he hasnt known me long enough. Do you tnink bringing him my cv and other stuff would be helpful? Or should I try following him around a few more days?

Also pixie-thanks for the form! Its been very helpful!

I only shadowed my doctors for about 3 days each and they all wrote letters of reference for me.

Ask him, the worst he can say is no.

Then you can determine if he’d never write you one, or if he expects more time from you, and plan accordingly.

At best, you get a great letter. Leap for it.

• Kate429 Said:
Yes, but if they have admin staff, ie, a secretary, often a brief conversation with said person along with dropping off the note will cause the secretary to insure that it gets done by your timetable

Kate

Either my chattyness wasn't enough, or my professors don't check their mail.

I checked with advising today and none of my letters are in, so I emailed the professors friendly reminders, with a new due date, and included all the info they had in their paper packets, too. Better safe than sorry, right?

At the worst I'll get emails telling me they can't do it, and have a little time to scramble for new letter writers.

Isn’t this letter writing stuff worse than the application itself?

I got one of mine in yesterday and was about to send it via interfolio, when I found out it is $6 for delivary, I am still not seeing what I paid my $19 for.

• BaileyPup Said:
Isn't this letter writing stuff worse than the application itself?

Yessssssssssssssssssss. The only thing worse is the PS.

LOL!!!