MCAT practice tests/ MCAT in 2 days!!

Soo I just want to whine, and I’m very curious if anyone else has seen this before.

I have now taken 7 practice tests over the last 2 weeks. My scores were 28, 33, 34, 35, 29, 31, 30. That’s a 7 point difference!! The majority of the variation is on the BS section-- between 8-13) PS and VS is a fairly consistent 10-11.

Has anyone else had this much variation between practice tests?

I felt confident when I was getting my 33-35’s, but now with a recent 29, not so much!

(I realize a 29 is still a decent score, but I feel like I have the potential to do soo much better seeing my other scores)

If you look at the “score report”, I only get like 50% of the “easy” questions right, compared to around 90% of the hard (in all sections). eeek! Has anyone else had this? Am I just not ready?

Any last minute advice?

Please don’t tell me to delay. I’m planning on applying this year, everything is sent in and waiting on MCAT scores-- I pretty much have to go through with it.

Any last minute advice, prayers, well-wishes, and positive energy are appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Don’t study any more, don’t practice any more, enjoy your last day and go in to the MCAT and smoke it. You’re ready. Don’t overanalyze your performance over several practice tests - just go get 'em. Good luck!

Mary

I agree with Mary, you should just relax now, you’re going to kick A$$. My range of practice tests was similar, albeit a bit lower, and on the real thing I scored towards the high end of my range.

The hay is in the barn, time to rest.

Relax, have a beer and then kick the MCAT in the sack! Don’t burn out by over-prepping!

yuck!! So I got the official results… a 28!! (9 BS and PS, and 10 VR)

(That’s as low as my Kaplan dianostic!) I’m not a “nervous” tester either. I’m a big believer that things happen for a reason, so I’m trying not to sweat it toooo much (more).

I have 28 outstanding allopathic primary applications, so I need advice. I’m confident I can do better if I take the MCAT again in April.

I’m thinking about not submitting secondaries to my “reach schools” (anyone with an avg MCAT matriculance of 33+), and saving that money for reapplication in 2010. That exclusion leaves me with around 17 applications.

But my question is for the veterans, does anyone know if the top tier schools even consider applicants with 28’s? Does anyone know of someone with an MCAT that low, who recieved interviews (URM excluded)?

My father has a saying “It does not matter what school a person goes to, if they want to learn, they will”

That being said, is there a particular school that you are shooting for? The MCAT average that schools post is just that, an average. Some take higher and some take lower. Take inventory of your credentials and see if they stand on their own. You would be surprised.

If you are trying to get into Harvard, Yale, UPenn, Brown, etc then more than likely you will have to retake the MCAT, However, you may not. The only way to know is to contact the school and talk to admissions and see what they think.

On the flip side, if you do decide to retake the MCAT, the statistic is not in your favor. According to the AAMC, most retakers of the MCAT actually decrease their score rather than increase it. So then, if you decide to put off your application until next year and then you retake the MCAT and do worse, then what are you going to do???

These are the things that you are going to need to consider if you decide to retake the MCAT. Or you can just roll the dice and see if your number comes up. The only way to guarantee nothing will happen is not to apply.