Med School Struggles. . .

Hey Linda,
You hit on the operative word, “temporary”. You can always sign up for the Wheelchair Olympics and get disqualified because you aren’t in the wheelchair anymore.
Do whatever you have to do. I know that those wheelchairs have neat little compartments for carrying your books and it looked like your school is well equipped for wheelchair access.
I know that you will get through this and on the road to recovery. You are destined to be a great physician and this is just another test to keep you motivated. Again, let me know if there is anything that I can do.
Natalie

Linda, a week in a wheelchair will help make you a great doctor. Though I know you’ve probably gone through a great deal of mobility issues dealing with your brother’s MS and your husband’s stroke recovery, facing a world on wheels is a very different thing. Your patients will benefit from your direct experience.
I wish you and your brother a successful recovery, and I’m sorry to see that life is sending you so much hard-earned extra wisdom these days.