military anyone?

This is a good site of info about the AF HPSP. http://lukeballard.tripod.com/HPSP.html
I’m starting at USUHS in the fall, so if you want info about that route, let me know. Good luck!
Gina

The military option is pretty good, imo. I am previous military and am looking closely at this as a great way to get through med school financially. I may post more on what I know, but just wanted to note this, before reading other responses to your post that may repeat info I would otherwise post anyway.

Hi Tara and Sheryl,
I wrote a post earlier about the details of what I have found out so far concerning US Army AMEDD program paying for school, but I think it didn’t get posted…I got sidetracked with actual work and probably never posted it.
I was MI too. Interrogator (96C back then, now I think it’s 97E), and also at Ft. Huachuca. I was there in summer/fall of '82, then went on to language school (German), then had the good luck of being stationed on the East/West German border, in what were called the “Border Residence Offices.”
Anyway, I won’t go into more detail about the AMEDD program, but I think it’s an awesome opportunity. Admittedly, this is from the perspective of someone who has spent a lot of time already in the military in the past, and has put up with a lot of hardship…so the AMEDD program is like free money, and a great opportunity. I have never, in the 2 terms of service I did, been disappointed with the education and learning experiences I got out of the Army. Special Forces Medic school was the hardest thing I ever did in my life. 13 out of the original 83 that started that course, finished, about a year later. That’s not even counting the attrition through the selection course to get into SF, and then the following 2 phases after medic school. But the military always gives you the same amount back, and much more, than you put into it, I have found.
cya,
Sam