Military Scholarships

Congrats!!

Congrats on the HPSP acceptance. I know it wasnt easy…

Congrats, BaileyPup! Your next task is to buy a lottery ticket because you are definitely on a winning streak.

So evidently the recruiters spoke to soon and then I in turn spoke to soon on here. They told me I had the HPSP and I had even signed the forms accepting my commission, but two days later they were told they needed another waiver on me after I was approved by the board. So I found out earlier this week that the waiver was declined. I still have a chance at the scholly but I would be at the back of the line when they review waivers.

Christie andI were bummed about it since we were looking foraward to me serving and practicing medicine, but we feel so blessed so far in this process that we can’t really complain when everything doens’t go our way. I was more bummed that we had told our families and I had bragged on here. I think our families were excited to have a 2Lt in the family. I also found out this week that I got the soft rejection from UofL (ie that the best I can hope for is waitlist.) so they are a little down that we will be moving. Me personally I am excited to get to Des Moines.

Sorry to hear about the scholarship. Everything happens for a reason.

You will love living in Iowa. I would move back tomorrow if I could

Not getting the HPSP is a good thing. Look into FAP during residency or just go in after you’re an attending. You have more say and receive a signing bonus. I know that doesn’t help with the fears of paying for med school because I’m worried about paying for a postbacc in 2014…however HPSP looks you in and if you’re going to serve at least let it be somewhat on your terms. Just a thought.

I was a little bummed after losing it, but being over a month removed I see how much of a blessing it will be to not have the heavy commitment.