My grades came in

Anatomy 80
Embryo 87
ethics 93
Cell Bio/Histology 90
I rank in the top 20% of the class. I was stunned. I was excited.
I passed!! Yipee!

you didn't just pass, you kicked ass! congrats!!

Congratulations Joe!

Awesome Joe! Those are fantasitic grades. Congrats! smile.gif

thanks…my wife cried. I was too sky high to do anything but have thi silly a$$ed grin on my face. I still am smiling too. I will until 3 weeks from now when I prep for Block 2. I really like the Black Monday format. Its great prep to get in the mode for the USMLE. It will not let you take one section on one day and then take another the next day. Its all one massive barrage of questions.
Yippee! its a great feeling to know you can actually master, to some degree, medical school.

HUGE congrats Joe!
WOW

you seriously did kick butt… but then again. who here does that surprise? (crickets)

keep up the good work!

QUOTE (futrfysician @ Oct 2 2003, 10:27 AM)
Anatomy 80
Embryo 87
ethics 93
Cell Bio/Histology 90
I rank in the top 20% of the class. I was stunned. I was excited.
I passed!! Yipee!

Hey JP,
Congrats! The grades are great! Hmmm, that ethics grade is a little too high! rolleyes.gif
Natalie
QUOTE (njbmd @ Oct 2 2003, 04:47 PM)
Hmmm, that ethics grade is a little too high! rolleyes.gif
Natalie

my favorite exams and ethics story:
from the practical ethicists Calvin & Hobbes:
Calvin: Today at school, I tried to decide whether to cheat on my test or not.
I wondered, is it better to do the right thing and fail, or is it better to do the wrong thing and succeed?
On the one hand, undeserved success gives no satisfaction ... but on the other hand, well deserved failure gives no satisfaction either. Of course, most everybody cheats sometime or other, people always bend
the rules if they think they can get away with it ... then again, that doesn't justify MY cheating.
Then I thought, look, cheating on one little test isn't such a big deal. It doesn't hurt anyone.
But then I wondered if I was just rationalizing my unwillingness to accept the consequence of not studying.
Still, in the real world, people care about success, not principles.
... Then again, maybe that's why the world is in such a mess. What a dilemma!
HOBBES: So what did you decide?
Calvin: Nothing. I ran out of time and I had to turn in a blank paper.
HOBBES: Anymore, simply acknowledging the issue is a moral victory.
Calvin: Well, it just seemed wrong to cheat on an ethics test.

Lisa that is hysterical!!
Nat, just for you, next test, I will miss a few more questions. I think I’ll choose the one about whether to recommend turning off the machines for granny who is still lucid and coherent. That will send shock waves thru my profs spine I am sure.
"eahhh, just turn it off, she’s 89!"
Actually, we’ve had some tough cases recently which were a challenge to figure out. We are covering psych illnesses in relation to surgical procedures and elective surgical procedures for terminally ill people with a DNR. Vis-a-vis a 40yoF with terminal breat cancer and needing a hip fracture plate to stabilize the pelvis. Should she code with the DNR what to do and how to explain it to the pt and the family about a DNR being non-applicable in the case where she is asking for the elective surgical procedure. It was interesting in small group that is for sure. Some other groups wound up in small tifffs from what I gathered.
Feh!