My Story

Hi Everyone

This is a great site! I’ve already learned quite a bit by browsing through the posts.

Anyway, I’m 29 years old and am seriously considering medical school. I remember reading medical books when I was six years old ! I lost some focus during high school and into college, switching around what I wanted to do with my life. Basically, I had some self-esteem issues to work on. However, I’ve come to the point where I need to remember what I wanted as a little kid and make a go of it!

I do have a BA in Psychology. I started at a community college where I took some science courses (one semester of general biology and two semesters of general chemistry.) I took the classes about ten years ago and did reasonably well in them, though I realize that I may be a little rusty. Since finances are a concern for me, I’ll probably need to take my pre-reqs on a part-time basis, unless I find a rich relative to foot the bill !

Also, do you have any advice for part-time work in the medical field?

Mike

Hi Mike, I’m new here also, and a mere 1 year older than you. I’m just finding things out for myself so I’m not full of advice or information, but I can tell you that there is a TON of info out there on the internet about requirements for med school and going in as a non-trad. Enjoy your journey!