NCAA Football Funnies!

Ouch!
Oh well… Insert Seminole chant here! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (bzmom4 @ Oct 19 2002, 03:06 AM)
Ouch!
Oh well.... Insert Seminole chant here! biggrin.gif

No sweat...we chanted the chant in Miami during the game...but added our own words...lol
blink.gif laugh.gif

GO PACK GO!!! Big game tonight at Lambeau.

QUOTE (coolmore1112 @ Nov 4 2002, 08:26 PM)
GO PACK GO!!!!!!!! Big game tonight at Lambeau.

Believe it or not.... I'm rooting for GB!! (Actually, the game is over and GB won)

Yippeeee-ki-yooooo!!! Another game in the bag for Green Bay!!! It’s a wonderful day in the neighborhood !! Badabig, Badaboom!! smile.gif

Hey folks,
My father-in-law to be almost had a heart attack during the Ohio State-Michigan game. Now he is in heaven. When Ohio State played in the Rose Bowl a few years back, he was there. He has little Ohio State red and silver pillows tossed all through his house.
The Maryland-Va game turned out to pretty entertaining even though Maryland was on the losing end. I think that the Terps just looked beyound Virginia and got burned badly. While Virginia may not be a Top 25 team, they have youthful vigor and had nothing to lose by playing all out.
Next week’s game between Va Tech and Virginia will be pretty hot. I think that is the week to go north…far north.
Natalie (Still loving ACC) rolleyes.gif

In ordinary circumstances my whole family would be gathered 'round for that game… but since my oldest is getting married on Saturday afternoon, we are going to have to forgo the 'Hoos vs. Hokies this time. Man if Virginia plays like they did last Saturday the Hokies are (unfortunately) going to get their butts kicked. sad.gif

QUOTE (njbmd @ Nov 25 2002, 03:54 PM)
My father-in-law to be almost had a heart attack during the Ohio State-Michigan game. Now he is in heaven. When Ohio State played in the Rose Bowl a few years back, he was there. He has little Ohio State red and silver pillows tossed all through his house.

GRRRRR!!! I bleed Maize and Blue!! Good game but bad outcome!! mad.gif I guess there's always next year! blink.gif

Geoff, talk about lucky comeback.
OSU lives on borrowed time.
Don’t worry my friend, the Canes will plant OSU in its graveyard after Jan 3. blink.gif

Hey folks,
At least we have a real championship game between two undefeated teams. If Tech had won that last game, it would have murked the waters. Sorry JP, I have my Ohio State hat on for this one because I can’t root against my future father-in-law!
Natalie rolleyes.gif

Hey folks,
I just watched Virginia smash West Virginia. Wow! I guess the Mountaineers left their A-game in Morgantown. My fiance (a WV alum) is crying blue now. It’s going to be a hot time in Charlottesville tonight! It’s a good time to be on vacation from the hospital.
Natalie wink.gif

I’m so happy Ohio State beat Miami.!!! No more “thug-licious” national champs!! laugh.gif

OSU!! OSU!!! OSU!!!

Nat,
When did your fiance graduate from WVU. That’s Zane’s alma mater, too. So, maybe when we get together Sunday, they’ll have a little bit in common. What was his major? I know you’ve told us what he did, but I don’t remember. blink.gif (Damn, sometimes this getting old is hard!)
And, Nat, if he hasn’t already told you, it’s not West Virginia, it’s West By God Virginia! cool.gif

Hi Linda,
Steve studied journalism and education at West Virginia. He was a Morgantown gentleman and follows the Mountaineers with great interest. The guys will have to compare notes when we see each other later this week. biggrin.gif
Natalie

OMG, Nat! ohmy.gif
Zane’s degree is in journalism as well, and while he’s not a Morgantown gentleman, he is West Virginia born and raised (in Romney). When did Steve graduate from WVU? Wouldn’t that be something if they actually knew each other in college? I am really excited about Sunday. See you then! tongue.gif

QUOTE (spiritdoc2b @ Jan 7 2003, 03:05 PM)
I'm so happy Ohio State beat Miami.!!! No more "thug-licious" national champs!! laugh.gif

OSU!! OSU!!! OSU!!!!!

I am disappointed you mentioned what you did, not because Miami lost because of a bad ref call, but because of the "thug reference.
I have personally met most of the team from last year and this year. I have partied in teh parking lots of the OB with some of the former Canes. Great people all. Not one of those kids is even remotely close to that negative stereotype you mentioned. Butch Davis and Larry Coker went to great lengths to recruit kids of character.
Perhaps reading some references other than your local fish wrap on the quality and character of the Miami team would help you.
I take great offense to what you said.
OSU Asterisks NCAA Champions biggrin.gif

Geez, lighten up already. I seem to recall a statistic that Miami was something like the second-most-penalized team in college football this year… it's that, not dinner out with the team, that merits the 'thug' reference.
and only Miami fans think that was a blown call, sorry!

Mary, I have read 30 different articles on that game, most national media agreed it was a blown call. See Rick Reilly’s article on CNNSI.com for Sports Illustrated. I could name more but it would only look like I am cramming stuff up people’s skirt.
BTW, I got hold of the “directors cut of the game”. Sharpe never held nor did he interfere by NCAA standards. It makes me sick.
Furthermore, The Big 12 is considering suspending and/or firing Porter for making a call in that situation when he is not the ref responsible for it. You see, his file had 2 letters of apology in it for blatantly bad calls he made that affected the outcome of a game.
I do know what I am talking about. It was not Pass Interference.
BTW, the amount of penalty yards reflects their agressiveness ON the field not the style of play. Many calls were for false starts, holding, or some such which are play related calls. I watched every down. Only 3 Personal Foul calls all year were due to tempers or fighting by Miami. Coker is a better coach than that. Again, the thug reference is uncalled for.
See you in BBurg in Nov. smile.gif