Need advice from this forum on a new website to help applicants

Hey everybody,

My name is David. I am trying to start a website to help med-school applicants, MedSchoolCountdown.com. I want your advice on how I can make it better so that it serves the needs of people who are really in the situation.

If you have a few minutes, can you check the website out and let me know what you think? I think it would be most helpful if people discussed their ideas with each other here. I will be back on this thread frequently to see what advice you have.

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your help.

Best,

David

Great job!

Maybe some study aids for MCAT–just a thought

Being truly green (=new to this), I’ve had hard time finding links to used books/other material for sharply relevant MCAT self studies.

• Finn Said:
I've had hard time finding links to used books/other material for sharply relevant MCAT self studies.

Yes, maybe some classifieds for the sale of used materials.

As a side note: I've been building and running websites myself for the past 7 years or so and I'd be happy to help out with your project. I think there's a great deal of potential for your site.

I could also offer up some practice worksheets (original) that could be downloaded or converted to web format as practice for math, anatomy, general biology, chemistry, physics, terminology, etc.

Agree with the inclusion of Study Aids for MCAT, including some “study plans” for those needing to do a self-study regime (I found some good ones on Student Doctor Network Forum [gasp!] under MCAT), that includes a variety of different study aids. Also, I know that Examkrackers publishes one on their website (of course, based on their books only).