Need Help - I feel so stuck

Hi jimi44,

Glad you shared … it really helps to hear from people who have been in similar situations.

And as Kate pointed out - it is kind of hard thing to swallow that all my peers are becoming Directors/VPs … and this is my chance: and I do not feel passion for my work anymore! AND one of my trusted friends asked me yesterday - Am I insane? Yeah, I have that doubt too!

I had always felt that one can make a difference if one is in a decision making position … but I am not finding satisfaction with the nature of work itself is what I am realizing lately. And, as mentioned I really like to take pride in work otherwise I feel “life” is not good!

Oh well, I am still interviewing (first one) this evening. Gotta have some fun even if I decide to not take the position.

• ChicB

Redo : check this link:

http://www.oldpremeds.org/fusionbb/showpost.php?po…

I think these are the Ten Rules gonnif is talking about.

IBM uses FUD with a completely different intent though - to increase sales and create doubt about competitors product!

I want to thank everyone for helping me think through this.

I cannot carry on like this anymore: I have few sore points (reputation amongst friends for being an executive, bragging about setting up a new practice, and let my parents also brag about it, and the money in bonuses, plus I can kick ass of few people :p) but I will leave them for what they are worth. None of them have the potential to bring me much satisfaction.

Moved ON! Thanks for all your help.

• ChicBrownie Said:
Redo : check this link:

http://www.oldpremeds.org/fusionbb/showpost.php?po...

I think these are the Ten Rules gonnif is talking about.

IBM uses FUD with a completely different intent though - to increase sales and create doubt about competitors product!

Yes, ChicBrownie is correct on that. My rule should read Beware of the FUD Factor

Here is a summary list of my Ten Rules for Non-Trads

Rule 1: Take a Breath

Rule 2: Trust Your Gut

Rule 3: It Depends

Rule 4: Don’t Bite Off More Than You Can Chew

Rule 5: Do Not Risk Bad Grades By Taking Too Much

Rule 6: The MCAT Is Your Friend

Rule 7: Learn To Be a Student

Rule 8: Premature Application

Rule 9: The “6P” Principle

Rule 10: The FUD factor: Beware of Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt

Not sure how to put it … but I am kinda sorta thinking like one rule or the other.

Just printed them and they are on my desk. Going to read them everytime before I start acting.

Thanks.