Need suggestions for verbal review class or tutors

When I’m not studying for the MCAT I spend my time lurking Gonnif’s posts on SDN. Recently I took the MCAT scored a 12/5/12. Clearly I need some help with verbal, I usually score an 8 or 9.

Does anyone know of any tutors or classes they recommend?

I used Kaplan. It had a good strategy and taught me how to kinda pick out the trap answers. Learning to think like the test maker really made that section much less daunting. Congrats on the other sections.

I agree with Kennymac - I thought the Kaplan review book for verbal helped me quite a bit.

Second - many of my classmates in the post-bacc program also did Examkrackers and said they had a different strategy for verbal which several told me helped them get thru the passages more quickly than the Kaplan strategy. So you might do both reviews and pick the strategy that works best for you.

Kate

You may want to check out some blog posts I wrote on techniques for improving a verbal MCAT score. Good luck!

Best,

Liza

Hi There,

Have you tried going over passages with another student together to compare strategy/thought process, etc.? I’m consistently scoring 11/12 in Verbal and 10s in PS/BS if you are still studying perhaps we could try a Skype session together? In the meantime maybe take a look at this blog post?

http://www.theherocomplex.com/improving-mcat-verba…

Good Luck, keep at it!

Sara

• Kate429 Said:
I agree with Kennymac - I thought the Kaplan review book for verbal helped me quite a bit.

Second - many of my classmates in the post-bacc program also did Examkrackers and said they had a different strategy for verbal which several told me helped them get thru the passages more quickly than the Kaplan strategy. So you might do both reviews and pick the strategy that works best for you.

Kate

I did the Examcrackers/Kaplan combo.