NEW FORUM SOFTWARE

I noticed one more thing that seems to be wrong.

I usually check the forum on 3 computers interchangably - home computer, my laptop and research lab computer. It wasn’t the case with the old software, so I guess something is not working here. Whenever I log onto the forum, the ‘new posts’ contain all the posts that I haven’t read on that particual computer. Even if I’ve already read them on one of the other computers they are still marked ‘new’. It almosts as if the forum software somehow recognized the computer not the user…

Did anyone else notice the same thing?

I love the look of the new forum!

I noticed your Avatar MADKASIA and you dont look “mad” anymore LOL

Did you see my avatar in my profile, or next to my post? I can’t see it next too my posts. I can only view my avatar in my profile. I was wondering if there’s a problem with my computer…

Your avatar shows just fine beside your post on my computer. You might want to go in and delete all your cookies and see if that helps.

Kasia-

Go to “Control Panel” under “My Fusion” and then “Display Settings (or options)”. There is a “Hide avatar” line. If there is a check in the box next to that, avatars will be hidden. I also was unable to see avatars until I removed the check from this box.

Amy

Excellent Avatar, Amy I’m a big fan of House.

Were you able to change your login name or displayed name - or did you have to re-register and manually get credit for your previous 400 posts?

Thank you Amy!

I had avatars hidden in my settings!

Now everything works!

And I also love House!!!

looks fabulous - thanks for the upgrade!

Geoff,

I have been on the receiving end of the board hack thing myself (I’m not sure which forum software you used in the past, mine that got taken out was phpBB). I’m guessing that it was UBB, as Fusion’s site indicates that this is the only forum for which they have a conversion script.

I’m sure that you probably know by now, but the two main things to prevent getting hacked in the future are:

1. Be sure the CHMOD settings on the server (I assume that the site is hosted on some sort of Unix variant) are configured properly; and

2. Always check to be sure you are running the latest version of your board software. This was that I blew that got me hit. They had released a few patches to the board script over the 6 months prior to my board getting hit and I never bothered to install them. I learned the hard way to stay on top of that stuff.

This “FusionBB” looks really neat (I had never heard of it before). Still, the “Version 1.0” indicates that it is a very new product (and not yet mature). As with any software, it will receive a trial by fire from the hackers, which will surely results in updates being released.

Stay on top of the releases, or you will end up getting roughed up again.

And as general advice for we board users:

It’s probably best to change your password here, as well as any other site you use the same password for - especially if it’s, say, your email linked to this site.

Okay, found the entire forum now, I guess with the change over, I got logged out automatically!!Haven’t decided if I like the new set…but I’m glad OPM is still here!

I find the new software very hard to read. The foint shows up very small (5pt??).

Also, I don’t know if this happened to anyone else but my hubby had to rebulid my entire system thanks to 2 worms that downloaded to my computer after I accessed oldpremeds during the time it was hacked. Hopefully, he also remembered to install a better firewall!

I’m not able to log in permamently, and it wasn’t a problem with the old software. I do check the box ‘remember me’ and it doesn’t work.

I have the same problem . . . and have had it ever since we changed the software last time. So, since I deleted my cookies and started over and still had the same problem, I came up with a solution.

Just go into your fusion and under display settings, make yourself invisible to viewers by unchecking the box that makes you visible. That way you don’t have to log off, but it won’t look like you’re online all the time.

Now if someone can come up with a better solution, I’d love to know what it is!

Quick question about display options…

I have tried to find where to change how a topic is displayed, but I don’t see it. I used to have it set up where the entire topic and all of the answers would show when I clicked on one of the “recent posts”. Now I have to click on the “show whole topic” option after entering an individual response from the list. Is there are way to set this as my default?

I see the whole topic if I enter through the individual forums. However, I like doing a search of recent posts so I don’t have to search through all of the forums.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

Uh cant start new

posts in this forum? can in others.

You’re not supposed to be able to start topics in this forum. This forum is for OPM specific related content that is posted by the moderators and admins. You have read/reply access.

Oh I thought General discussion was well General posts. I didn’t know it was for only anouncements?

Sorry.

• whuds Said:
Oh I thought General discussion was well General posts. I didn't know it was for only anouncements?

Sorry.

Well actually the forum was intended to give specific information to the members about OPM. We're headed in a different direction now and the forum hasn't been updated yet. In time the forums will be revised, consolodated, and clarified.

No sorry needed.