new future DO

Hello andrzej and Congratulations on your admission!

Your story is truly an inspiration, it is so anti-establishment that it rocks!

It can be told that you are one of those who finished all his premed-reqs at a community college [highly unrecommended by reputed gurus], took a whole bunch of Clep credits [almost a sin]. My God! You finished a degree online for crying outloud! And on top of that took the politically incorrect step of trying the venerated MCAT “just to see what happens” without even taking the so much dreaded Physics courses. Man! Of course, your medical experience is impeccable [according to conservative standards]

And there you go, on your way to become a great physician… Congrats again and Best of lucks!

Congratulations to you, Andrzej!

Well, time flies .
Just found my first post on this forum from 2011 and fast forward , I am 117 days away from finishing IM residency and I just turned 40 . I was thinking about fellowship but my girls are growing so fast that I decided to take a brake and “just” work and spend more time with them and I am thinking about another degree - Master in Quality of health and patient safety just so I do not get too bored / for fun.
Just wanted to say "Thank You " to all those who gave me advice and those who criticized me .
It was a ride - from starting school, changing school and taking a year off , sending my daughters to Poland for 2 years and flying back and forth , loosing my wife to cancer , finishing school and finding residency, remarrying , and now have to decide what to do when i grow up . I really like both settings outpatient and hospitalist but the second gives me more time and flexibility i think . I had fun during my residency - had great teachers and coresidents, I also presented few posters on ATS and Chest conferences . did some travel , most recently Florida . and now has been studying for boards ( taking both AOA and ACGME) .

For those who are on the beginning of the road - it is possible !!! do not give up and follow ur dreams !
Listen to motivational speakers every day , not only when You are down , but also when You are up to keep you going . I listen to Zig Zigler, Les Brown, Eric Thomas and few others .

Good Luck !