New member thinking of premed

This is a wonderful site that I am glad I found…so I am looking for a bit of advice/guidance from those who have been through this process. I am 39 years old and I just got accepted to a BSN program where I would graduate in May 2012…however, I can get a Bachelor’s in Philosophy or English and have all of my premed prerequisites done by May 2011…I really want to go beyond RN into grad school and I figure why not just go for med school. I have a good GPA (3.8) but the last 50 or so of my college credits have been 4.0 and I have taken many science courses and I find them to be fascinating…my question is can I get accepted to med school with a degree in English or Philosophy as long as I have taken the science classes? I would sincerely appreciate your insights on this…

<<

s can I get accepted to med school with a degree in English or Philosophy as long as I have taken the science classes?

>>

Yes, of course. I would take more than just the required minimum science classes, however. I recommend biochemistry and cell and molecular biology.