New - ?? online classes, Mexico med school

Hi everyone. Glad I found this group as I fit the description on nontraditional. Just a bit about me - female, graduated with a BA in Business in 96. Married 12yrs w/ three young boys. AND I’M GOING BACK TO SCHOOL!!! I don’t have the science prereq’s so I am working on those.

I plan on attending University Autonoma de Guadalajara in Mexico. In conversations with the admissions counselor concerning my prereqs - they encourage distant learning when needed and recommended a couple of dl schools that they (UAG) accepts transfers/credit from.

I live in Mexico, but my spanish is not quite good enough to take science classes here, so my options are to move back to the US or take online classes.

Anyone else have experience with distance learning/ online classes?

My plan is to enroll in UAG in Jan or Aug of 2010, so I’ll be starting my online classes this month in order to get it done in a timely manner.

I will not be attending a medical school in the US, so what they prefer is not necessarily “unimportant”, but not of a concern to me at this point. I need to meet the requirements for UAG - which by the way, is accredited in the US and when I’m done, will be a US/Mexico bilingual doctor.

Any advice, help, contacts with others would be greatly appreciated!!!