Old Newfie

Hello everyone:

I am so happy to have found this forum. I am 44 years of age and trying to get into medical school in Canada. I have applied twice so far to no avail, so I have registered for 3rd year nutrition to upgrade, my chemistry degree and hopefully show how serious I am about this. I did a 5 week premed program last summer which was in hospital shadowing and education sessions. It was great and confirmed my interested and excitement with the field. I look forward to reading some succees stories. Anyone out there start med school at 45 plus?

Hi

Not only did I start medschool at 45, but “I am Canadian” (you will probably be the on only one who gets that reference).

Anyway, take a look at my diary. I’m in the middle of shadowing a Hematologist / Oncologist during my summer between MS-1 and MS-2 so can’t type a lot at this very moment, but my story might help you a bit. Then post any questions you might have.

Lynda

As I remember, Canadian poster Presse entered Canadian medical school at 52 years of age.

Thank you Lynda. I will certainly check out your diary and start digging into the boards. Just knowing I am not the only one persuing this is helping already.

wow. I will have to try chatting with presse. Ty