Open House at the U of Maryland School of Medicine June 18th

For anyone in the Baltimore region, there’s an open house at the U of Maryland School of Medicine on June 18. Click here to register. Enjoy!

Cheers,

Liza

One of our Board Members, Major Tara Cook, a neurologist with the Air Force, went to U of MD medical school. (Ironically this year with the conference on military medicine, she couldnt get leave to attend) The admission director of U of MD, Dr. Foxwell, is a strong supporter of OPM. He would have been a speaker this year but scheduling conflicts. If anyone goes, please ask Dr. Foxwell how his knee surgery went

Not intending to throw shade on this fine institution but isn’t the oldest med student they’ve EVER admitted in the 35-36 age range?

I really don’t think that’s true. I’ll ask Dr. Foxwell and get back to you…

Best,

Liza

Setting the record straight: Dr. Foxwell confirmed that Maryland has admitted many students in their 30s and 40s. I’ve also found this to be true based on my experience with applicants who applied to Maryland. They are very welcoming of nontraditional, older students.

Cheers,

Liza

• lizat Said:
Setting the record straight: Dr. Foxwell confirmed that Maryland has admitted many students in their 30s and 40s. I've also found this to be true based on my experience with applicants who applied to Maryland. They are very welcoming of nontraditional, older students.

Cheers,

Liza

That's FABULOUS and thanks for the clarification!!

Thanks! Maryland is one of my top choices. I just finished registering.