Oregon Health and Science U 2ndary

Hello all,

It is late and I am browsing the forums in search of inspiration. I finally received a secondary from OHSU. I really want to go here, but I am so tired of writing secondaries!

They want an entire page on “How you will evaluate your success as a medical student.” This seems like a question that could go anywhere. Does anyone have any advice on how to approach it? Maybe I will feel better about this in the morning, but right now I can’t think of anything that isn’t a bunch of hot air.

I suppose I would feel successful if I am able to retain my ideals and aspirations that brought me this far while I undergo the brutal training period of medical school and residency. I know that a lot of people do sort of burn out and become cynical along the way and forget why they wanted to be physicians, but I as an older student have the advantage of perspective. Yes, it’s a crushingly intense program as I can attest after one month, but I’m still enjoying every minute of it and I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world. Well, maybe a few things, but you know what I mean. Best of luck,

Oooo, that’s good!

I just finished the essay, and I basically stuck to what I hope to get out of med school.

I like your perspective better. I still am waiting to hear from three school, so maybe I will get a similar question…

Thank you for your help. I just need a push some times.