Over 40?

Thanks Krisss17. I wish I would have found this site before I started the application process last year. I’ll be dropping off the OPM radar soon due to the upcoming move, but I’ll rejoin in a few weeks when I get settled.

I thought I would post to get this at the top of the list for those out there over 40 who may not have seen this. Let’s encourage eachother! I start my premeds this fall. I can’t wait.

Hi Jerilyn from a fellow Phoenician…I’ll be 40 in October (close enough right?) and hope to be accepted for a 2011 matriculation somewhere.

I see you mentioned having children in you other post and I know many other OPMers have kids of varying ages. I think the kids have a certain way of keeping us young at heart…along with a bit more attention to the exercise and a healthy diet lately. Besides a few extra occasional aches and pains and a few extra pounds that I did not have 10 years ago I don’t feel much older at 40 than I did at 30 - except for maybe about this time of year in Phoenix :wink:

I’m also a big believer in making social time to spend with younger siblings or friends helps keep one in a younger and more energetic perspective on life.

All the Best

Neil

Hi Neil,

I know what you mean. I don’t feel my age. I feel like I am in my 20s. I haven’t changed much physically which is a good thing. Other than getting older, one thing I wouldn’t trade for anything is the wisdom that comes with age. It makes me feel so grounded and well-rounded. It’s a good thing to be able to make good and informed decisions other than those we haphazardly make in our 20s. I think older people with more maturity and life experience are good candidates for medical school. My business and my kids keep me on my toes so I feel like I can handle just about anything. Good Luck!