Physicians Discouraging Me from Becoming a Physician

I just want to say that I don’t think one should feel bad for expecting to be well compensated for hard work and education they do/have had. While reasons for becoming a physician shouldn’t center around salary, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to be upset that the salaries are declining or that it’s unreasonable to expect a nice salary. Funny how politicians continue to give themselves raises, though

Being a physician very hard work, and takes a lot of dedication. And yes, the old model is gone, but the new one should not depict physicians as slaves to the practice. Like Mary, I see a lot of resentment about reimbursement even just for business practice purposes, as well as resentment from bureaucratic decisions from people who know nothing about health care and have no experience in health care except their yearly pap/prostate exam.

It’s not just with physicians, either, it’s across the board with other autonomous health care providers. I got very fed up with the red tape by the time I ended my SLP private practice.