premed grades, p/f med school, residencies

I'm a nontraditional student who was a nonscience major in undergrad. My science grades at the start of undergrad (15 years ago) were poor; my post-bac science grades were excellent (nearly 4.0).
Will going to a Pass/Fail med school hurt me for residency? Do I need to go to a med school that's more graded to prove to residencies that I can hack the material?

In a word “no”. I am sure this will be answered by people more familiar with the actual residency process but I do not think going to a P/F med school or a graded med school will make any difference. What will matter will be your clinical rotations and the letters of recommendation you get.
Best wishes
Alex

Quote (vkrn @ April 02 2002,12:43)
I'm a nontraditional student who was a nonscience major in undergrad. My science grades at the start of undergrad (15 years ago) were poor; my post-bac science grades were excellent (nearly 4.0).
Will going to a Pass/Fail med school hurt me for residency? Do I need to go to a med school that's more graded to prove to residencies that I can hack the material?

Hi there,
No residency program director cares about your pre-med grades. Your pre-clinical and clinical grades, along with USMLE or COMLEX scores count for residency. :D