Registered for the Fall!

There are two things going on here:

1 - On your AMCAS application, you input every single college course you’ve ever taken. If you audited a CC course when you were in 8th grade, they want to know about it.

2 - To meet requirements, most schools only consider recent BCPM coursework - from within the last ~7 years.

So you will report - and schools will see - the Cell Bio course, but it will probably not count towards the “2 semesters of bio” requirement.

hi naureen,

that’s awesome. Glad you’ve got a map set out. I’m struggling right now with trying to figure out how to go full time to college and support myself financially . It’s pretty tough. It’s actually very tough. I don’t know if I’ll be able to just go to school and not have to work or if I’ll have to go get a part time job maybe doing something like bartending. Not sure yet. School starts 4 weeks from yesterday and I couldn’t be more excited. You know what, I sat down and was going to figure out my course map and then I said to myself: NO! You take this one term at a time. Don’t get caught up in the big picture. That’s a problem that I have a lot is that I let myself get overwhelmed by the big picture and it sort of paralyzes me, so I’ve decided against mapping out the “big picture” if you will and just take it step by step, term by term. I have a rough idea as to how long it will take and I’m probably looking at 2 years, give or take a couple terms.

I wish you well in the fall. If you would like, feel free to email me as the term goes on if you need a shoulder to cry on

-Justin