Residency Shift Restrictions

I actually had a good experience at a teaching hospital. My own surgeon performed the surgery, but I was checked on by a resident and a 3rd year med student. The 3rd year cleaned up and rebandaged a leaking incision and held my hand when a post-laparoscopy gas pain sent me through the roof. Your mileage may vary.

(I picked a post at random to “reply” to here).
This recent article talks more about the trend towards part-time work for both male and female physicians.

Pushkin,

Amen!! Couldn’t have said it any better even if I was more intelligent. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Quote:

I actually had a good experience at a teaching hospital. My own surgeon performed the surgery, but I was checked on by a resident and a 3rd year med student. The 3rd year cleaned up and rebandaged a leaking incision and held my hand when a post-laparoscopy gas pain sent me through the roof. Your mileage may vary.

I should have added that the NA-student (who did most of the gas stuff while supervised) was super! But then Nurses tend to be the coolest members of the healthcare team, IMHO!

Quote:

Pushkin,
Amen!! Couldn’t have said it any better even if I was more intelligent. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Larry

You’re welcome! Don’t overdo it there on the praise though. Anyway, it’s I who ought to be thanking you and others for reading/tolerating whatever kind of rant that was in the first place. :wink: In real life I’m much nicer than I’m sure I probably come across in some of these posts! But then, there’s nothing like a good debate, is there?