Silliest things you've seen on an application or secondary

So I just submitted one of my secondaries and it had two really silly parts to it and I thought why not give everyone a laugh.

1. They wanted me to give all information related to my work experience that occured while attending school. Job Title, Job Description, Dates, # of hours, basic resume stuff. I have worked and attended undergrad in some function most of my working life, but I have to explain this in 2000 characters.

2. Same 2000 characters to explain all of your clinical voluntering expereince in a CV form.

The University of Vermont wanted a chronological list, including the population, of every city I’ve ever lived in.

• TicDocDoh Said:
The University of Vermont wanted a chronological list, including the population, of every city I've ever lived in.

That used to be part of the NHSC application (when I applied for it in midwifery school).

My problem was two of the “cities” were small towns when I had lived there, so to give an accurate picture, I looked on the national census database and got the populations from the relevant years I was there and averaged them…footnoted this.

That made it look (accurately) that I had lived in small towns or rural locations most of my life. I did get the scholarship for midwifery school.

THey seem to have eliminated that part of the application (and the interview) from the NHSC process, but here’s hoping my letters of recc. and essays bring fruit this year!

Kate

i hate the cv’s…

we have sooo much more to putin a cv and then i have to keep it under two pages…AGHGGHHH

was always enough to make me pull my hair out

Oh, threadjacking my own thread…

Saw your post over on SDN, and I see why I hate going overthere. Nothing makes me feel like more of a screwup then a few good hours on SDN.

Another thing I am finding with the secondaries:

Take everything that you have already put into your primary application, reformat it into one document and paste it into this both. I bet Pixie can guess which one this is for.

So I see some things haven’t changed

• BaileyPup Said:
Another thing I am finding with the secondaries:

Take everything that you have already put into your primary application, reformat it into one document and paste it into this both. I bet Pixie can guess which one this is for.

I can? But I haven't gotten a single secondary yet, since I only submitted ~2 weeks ago.

Well it was a school just down the road from you. To your west to be exact…

How come they can take all of that information over the fancy “interwebz”, but I have to mail a check?

• BaileyPup Said:
How come they can take all of that information over the fancy "interwebz", but I have to mail a check?

Because you can't do a chargeback on a check?

Or how about pay online, but have to print out and mail in the secondary. That is an amazing amount of paper to deal with.

Application in PDF form, but you can’t tyoe in your info, and since there probably ins’t a typewriter within 20 miles of me, I am handwriting the info in.

ugh! That’s terrible!! I have the full version of Adobe if you want me to put text fields in it for you?

(I actually have to edit .pdfs pretty frequently, so no joke–if you want me to make it ‘typable’ I am happy to help!)

Hand Writing? What on earth is that???

Mailed it out today, but thanks for the offer.

• BaileyPup Said:
Application in PDF form, but you can't tyoe in your info, and since there probably ins't a typewriter within 20 miles of me, I am handwriting the info in.

I think that one wins the prize for most ludicrous. This isn't 1995 anymore.