Soooo excited!!!

I have been shadowing an ENT for a bit and this past week was amazing!! The regular office visits have been wonderful, but the OR was unbelievable!

I was able to spend the day with him in the OR and watch multiple procedures. FASCINATING!! I am so ready to be in school!! This was such a great distraction from the stress of waiting for MCAT scores. It has further solidified my desire to be a physician.

I had to stop myself from jumping up and down with elation as I put on scrubs and entered the OR. This was of course after I figured out how to properly put on a surgical mask without causing my glasses to fog up (with a bit of assistance). I think the scrub tech wanted to stab me in the ear with the closest instrument when I got in her way once. Once I found a good spot, however,

it was smooth sailing.

So excited for the next visit!!!

Glad you were able to experience that…it sounds like it was amazing.

Annette

Tape works well on the bridge of the nose to prevent fogging!

I remember my first trips into the OR. Amazing memories.

Haven’t been on here in what seems like forever but was so happy to come across your post. I’m an audiologist with the dream (albeit somedays, it seems like a pipedream) of becoming an ENT and am currently researching post-bac options. I’m glad you enjoyed your OR experiences, they do some pretty neat stuff in there. What types of cases were you able to observe?

AJ, I have seen 4 tonsillectomies, a thyroidectomy, and multiple lesion excisions. I have a couple more OR visits scheduled and I can’t wait! I thought the excitement would wear off after a couple of days but I’m still pretty elated!

• In reply to:

Is this in addition to the tape on the mask? Thanks for the tip!
  • radardenny Said:

• In reply to:

Well - i guess it's 50/50 - half on your nose, half on the mask!
  • Doc Gray Said:
  • radardenny Said:

• In reply to:

Well - i guess it's 50/50 - half on your nose, half on the mask!

LASIK surgery FTW. Best money I ever spent!