Spiderman 3

Wouldn’cha know that I am ON CALL Friday night and so will have to wait until Saturday to see Spiderman 3. Don’t spoil my fun by posting here that you saw it opening night and it sucked, please!

At dinner this evening my husband asked a typical Thursday-night question, “Is there anything going on this weekend?” I replied in a VERY Serious Voice, “Yes, there is. You’re taking me to Spiderman 3.” He is not quite the Spidey fan that I am so he thought I was being kind of dumb (commented that if he had work to do, it would have to come first which is definitely WRONG).

Spiderman 2 opened on my last day of intern year, in late June 2005. I was so pumped to walk out of the hospital that afternoon and go to the movies!!! I am racking my brain to try and figure out if I have BEEN IN a movie theatre since then. I think so. (yes, I have no life, I am a resident, whaddaya want?)

Counting down til Saturday night… !!!

Mary

Mary, I feel your pain. I have had this weekend on my calendar for a few months now, along with the release date of Harry Potter 5, Ocean’s 13, and Pirates of the Carribean 3. I am a huge Spidey fan. I actually will have to wait until the 12th to go see it, as I am working this weekend. I too hope I don’t read anything on here or anywhere else about the reviews. I might have to keep myself sequestered until after I see it.

On a tangental note… tomorrow (Saturday) is Free Comic Book Day !

Adam, is this a great country, or what???

Spiderman 3 was great fun. I won’t ruin it for those who have yet to enjoy it. My husband’s main objection was not enough Kirsten Dunst, especially not enough of her in a wet t-shirt

I didn’t even know that there was an IMAX version OMG and there is an IMAX theatre not that far from me… !!! so may have to go again.

Mary

WOW! How opinions vary. My wife and I were bored to tears. We couldn’t wait for it to be over. We’re huge Spidey fans but this one missed the mark for us.

Crooz, my 20 y/o daughter pronounced it “[unprintable] boring,” so you and your wife aren’t alone!

On a related note, anyone care to give me an opinion on whether I could enjoy Pirates 3 if I didn’t see Pirates 2? I mean, I don’t think there’s a coherent story line going through those, is there?

Mary

Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows in June

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in July

oh boy how will I study for Boards???

Mary - there’s something of a story to the second Pirates, but it’s nothing you couldn’t catch up on within 5 minutes of reading wikipedia or some such (wiki’s actually a decent plot spoiler site, ha).

Really, the second one wasn’t bad - it was just remarkably blatant, for lack of a better term.

• Mary Renard Said:
Crooz, my 20 y/o daughter pronounced it "[unprintable] boring," so you and your wife aren't alone!

On a related note, anyone care to give me an opinion on whether I could enjoy Pirates 3 if I didn't see Pirates 2? I mean, I don't *think* there's a coherent story line going through those, is there?

Mary

Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows in June

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in July

oh boy how will I study for Boards?????

Trust me I know. The buzz I hear is closer to how I felt about the movie.

Pirates 2? Go check it out. It's on DVD. I enjoyed it but am skeptical thanks to Spidey 3.

I caught Spiderman 3 on my east coast trip to visit Marcia…I enjoyed it, but I thought they attempted to cram too many plot lines into the third installment…but I don’t want to ruin it for anyone so I’ll leave it at that!