Sub Forum for School Specific Threads

Has it ever been suggested here to create a forum or subforum that allows us to post school specific threads? What I’m talking about is similar to SDN’s application thread where they post secondaries, the essay questions, and discuss any logistical issues that are school specific.

I understand that “yea we could just read SDN,” but oldpremeds have different issues and it could potentially help a lot of us out.

I would also like to credit Doc Gray for inspiring the idea in another thread.

SDN and OPM are sort of partner sites, so there is not a reason to duplicate the information.

And OPM’ers issues tend to be more complicated, with more diverse background history that has to be explained, than a typical SDN student. Thus, forums about schools are not as helpful as individual posts about specific needs.

I like to think of SDN as the source for base information and the cause for panic, and OPM is where you go to ask very detailed, specific questions about your situation.

• PixieSanders Said:

I like to think of SDN as the source for base information and the cause for panic, and OPM is where you go to ask very detailed, specific questions about your situation.

I agree with this statement. Even though one may a acquire a bit of information from SDN; my two cents is that the flavor seems a bit too elitist for my taste. Perhaps our OPM oracles should consider a specific non-trad premedical DO list of specific schools like the OP related.

Who knows maybe this would bring more people (nontrads especially) to our forums more often...