Tae -

http://home.attbi.com/~tkim6599/ethan.gif

awwwwwwwwwww…
Gorgeous! Congratulations, and I hope you're all doing well!

Tae, he's gorgeous, congratulations to all of you!

Dear Tae-Hyoung Kim,
Assuming you're Korean, I want to say 'chookah ham ni da' (Congratulations in Korean)
Unsun

QUOTE (Fundee @ Jun 28 2003, 09:09 AM)
Dear Tae-Hyoung Kim,
Assuming you're Korean, I want to say 'chookah ham ni da' (Congratulations in Korean)
Unsun

Dae dan hi kam sa ham ni da!
- Tae

Congrats!

Hi Tae,
Yes, he’s just adorable! Congrats again. Hope Dawn is feeling fine smile.gif
Natalie

Well the little man is now about three weeks old, and it has now fully struck me that I’m in for the ride of my life. I am, however, very concerned about my ability to support my wife as we both try to care for this tyke, while attending medical school.
I’ve got four days before we move from MA to CA, and the stress of planning a cross-country move on the cheap is really getting to me.
But, even if all of our stuff burns to the ground, as long as we’re all safe and together I know it’ll be okay.
Dawn’s mom is going to accompany her and the baby on the flight from NH to CA and stay with us for a couple a weeks while we all make the transition.
I cannot begin to say what a tremendous help this will be, but I wonder if we’ll be okay after she leaves.
Silly me - and I thought that getting into medical school was hard … sad.gif
- Tae

QUOTE (taehyongkim @ Jul 14 2003, 11:43 AM)
I've got four days before we move from MA to CA, and the stress of planning a cross-country move on the cheap is really getting to me.
But, even if all of our stuff burns to the ground , as long as we're all safe and together I know it'll be okay.
Silly me - and I thought that getting into medical school was hard ... sad.gif
- Tae

I'm LOL Tae! Yes, having a baby is a huge experiment! And moving a family on the cheap to get to med school is also quite a ride...
...but if I can do it, you can do it. And you'll look back on the whole thing with some fondness, most likely.
(The clutch-gone-bad on our U-Haul 3 weeks ago faded from importance almost immediately and turned into a blessing in disguise: didn't have to drive the truck on the backroads to Ted's aunt's house, didn't have to pay for ANY extra days on the truck, etc. And U-Haul repacked everything into a new truck while we dined with Ted's aunt. The clutch? Doesn't matter. laugh.gif )!
I felt the same way about "even if all of our stuff burns to the ground" once our things were in the truck. It becomes just a bunch of boxes...the things that I'm sentimental about, I'd miss, but the rest is replaceable.
We needed to move "cheap" just as you are doing. I tallied it up, including kennel time for our dog while we were packing in PA and unpacking in VA, plus one night's hotel stay, all the gas, tolls, food for the four of us while on the road, AND the truck and trailer. Guess what? We still spent less than $900 to move an active family of four, plus our dog, from southeast Pennsylvania to southwest Virginia. It's doable.
We arrived < 2weeks ago and love our new home. School starts in a month, so I'm getting the house settled quickly, exploring the area, etc.
Breathe in, breathe out...said for all of us who are starting med school. Take care...you'll do all right...and let us know when you're settled.
Meanwhile, your son is beautiful. Congratulations!

Tae,
Congratulations!
The move will go over more smoothly than you think it will…and even if it doesn’t, hey, you’ll have stories for the grandkids… smile.gif
Andrea

QUOTE (adennis @ Jul 14 2003, 07:54 PM)
Tae,
Congratulations!
The move will go over more smoothly than you think it will...and even if it doesn't, hey, you'll have stories for the grandkids.. smile.gif
Andrea

Hey folks - just checking in.
I've been on the road since yesterday, after moving all my accumulated 'stuff' into to big 'ol moving truck, and driving up to NH from MA to spend a day with Dawn's sister before I drive cross-country with the dogs.
Dawn and Ethan are staying with her sister until I drive out to CA and unload the truck and set up the apartment. She's flying out because a newborn's feeding schedule and making 600 miles a day don't mix.
Last night I was in Erie, now I'm in St. Louis, hoping to catch up with an old friend. Turns out he's studying for the bar exam coming up in a week, and he's barricaded himself in the law library with his cell phone shut off ... tongue.gif so he has no clue that I'm in town.
Oh well, the hotel AC's great, and I found a dog-friendly hotel in one note, so I might just turn in early if Joe doesn't call.
Andrea, the first part of the move was ... mixed.
The driver showed up on time, his truck was immaculate and he had a ton of blankets and advice on packing.
However, there is this little thing about his truck catching a low-hanging cable wire and tearing off part of my neighbor's vinyl siding. But all other things considered, it went smoothly.
Now, hopefully my stuff will show up the way I packed it.
- Tae

Hey folks - just checking in.
Last night I was in Erie, now I'm in St. Louis,

Now, hopefully my stuff will show up the way I packed it.
- Tae
Hey Tae,
First Congrats on the birth of your son!! Glad to hear he finally arrived. Second Erie is my hometown. I grew up there and lived there most of my life.
I know all about cross country moving minus having a little one. I moved from Erie out to Seattle lived there 4 years and have been in Portland, OR since!!
Good luck
Cathy

Hi all,
Posting from sunny, HOT, Southern California.
The 3000 mile/4 day drive is something I’d like not to repeat too soon, but I made it in one piece.
The car, however, is making all sorts of “Man, I’m hurt” noises - mostly rattles and whines, which I’ll take care of in the next day or so.
I miss my wife and son terribly, but I’ll see them soon enough. At least I have my Murphy to keep me company for the time being.
I have to say, moving is such a traumatic experience! Definitely something to space out every 10 years or longer.
Oh wait, I’m in med school. I should expect to move every four for the next twelve … tongue.gif
Off to find the nearest IKEA.
- Tae

Tae,
Congrats to you and your wife on the new little guy. I have been in Ohio helping out my mom after she had a bout of CHF (new) and didn’t get to keep up. I wanted to add that Pit inductions usually aren’t successful with a green cervix. They usually result in C-sections. (been there, done that) Either way, your little guy is here and healthy!! You are entering the most special role you will ever have. Enjoy!! biggrin.gif Kathy

Hey haven’t posted in some time.
Med school is sucking the life out of me, and I’ve experienced more stress than I ever have. But, I’m still here, and don’t regret a minute of it.
Some pics - some recent, some not:
http://photos.yahoo.com/tkim6599/

Tae, welcome back! I was just thinking about’cha the other day. I am glad you are surviving but sorry for the stress - I feel your pain, buddy. Ethan is GORGEOUS. I hope you get some time off this summer to recuperate and enjoy that beautiful little boy before he grows up any faster!
Mary

Beautiful little boy!
Are you at Biddeford? You’re right down the road from me! Maybe during your break we can tryto get together for dinner - family style no less.

Hey Tae,
I know it’s stressful but you are getting the job done. No matter what happens, first and second year actually go by pretty quickly. Third-year is more fun and tons more interesting though you will have a different kind of stress.
Ethan is so cute. I love the photo of you both where you are dressed in your white coat. He is just a very handsome young man. Let him be your stress relief!
Keep hanging in there and remember that the clock tics no matter what. This is your dream and it becomes so much better when you are doing the ward work.
Natalie

Mary - My summer break is rather short, but I already have mucho plans to get out and around with the family.
I think they need the vacation more than I do!
OMD - Biddeford? I wish I was in Maine. Instead, I was forced - FORCED, I tell ya, to pack up and move to sunny SoCal, and watch in total jealousy as tons of snow got dumped on New England. Just ain’t right.
I’ll take a raincheck on dinner. Audition rotations are gonna come faster than I expect.
Natalie - I cannot wait for them to turn me loose during 3rd year. Well, actually I’m terrified, but I got some time to think that one through.
I have to say, this year has exceeded all my expectations in terms of being ‘challenged,’ and it’s not quite over yet. I am amazed at how smart some of my classmates are, and equally puzzled as to how I am still here. They seem to do it so effortlessly, and I’m constantly trying to keep my head above water.
My family and I have gone through some very stressful times, and we’re all growing up in ways that could only come from going through some tough situations.
But enough of that.
My boy can walk (exciting/terrifying), I’m almost done with my first year, and the Power Above has given the green light for us getting a gas grill for the back patio.
Life is good.

Tae,
Don’t worry about how much effort it takes to get the work done. Everyone will be good at something and everyone will struggle with something. It will all even out in the end. One day you will walk in and do something that one of your “brilliant” classmates will have no clue of what to do.
Every year gets better. You are going to find second year is more interesting than first year. Third year will be great and fourth-year is why you came to medical school in the first place.
I am very proud of you and I KNOW that you are going to be a great physician! Hang in there and hugs to the family.
Natalie