Taking non-science courses in my post-bacc

Hey guys,

I am 31 and finished my BS and MPH already. I had a 3.45cGPA with a 3.36 BCPM. I did an MPH and finished with a 3.6graduate GPA.

I had medical issues during undergrad and noticed my OVERALL GPA was low. I also realized I had an interest in the humanities.

so during my two years since graduating with my MPH, I took 4 humanities credits (24credits hours) and 15 credit hours in sciences … 12 of which were in research courses.

That bumped by overall GPA to 3.57 (post-bacc +undergrad GPA). I figured that would be a good improvement. However, I am not being told that these courses HAVE NO EFFECT as they weren’t in the sciences… would they overlook all that effort?

Not true.

On the application, the schools get an overall undergraduate GPA, a science GPA, a graduate GPA, and a post-baccalaureate GPA.

The post-bacc (which will reflect the courses you took) and the science GPA are probably the ones looked at the most.

Kate

thanks! Is the Post-Bacc GPA more important than the cumulative undergraduate GPA?

• onelastpuff23 Said:
thanks! Is the Post-Bacc GPA more important than the cumulative undergraduate GPA?

I think this answer depends on the school.

To schools that screen based on undergraduate GPA, I'd say that the post bacc GPA doesn't matter much.