The New MCAT...

Anybody here considering taking the new MCAT?

Seems even more challenging. Or do you see any advantages?

Is it a better idea to hurry up and try to take the old MCAT?

My plan is to take it next year before the new version is implemented.

This year, for me.

Don’t even want to think about the new material…but I will gladly take that $30 Amazon gift card during the trial section, hehehe!

Good luck to both of you!

I don’t have a choice. I will be taking the MCAT in the spring of 2015. I can’t get my prereqs done before then. So, I guess I’ll be a guinea pig. Not really happy about it, but it can’t be helped.

I’m very concerned how a score from what appears to be a harder MCAT will fare against those older MCAT scores in the applicant pool. I’m also concerned about the lack of prep material.

There’s no requirement to take all of the prereqs before taking the test, though it probably helps to do so. The test length doubles with all of the additional info they’re adding in 2015. The AMCAS site shows all of the testable subject areas for the new test, and it’s a doozy if you haven’t looked at it yet. I took a broad range of undergrad courses, and I don’t think all of new areas were included in the syllabi. Of course that was several years ago and some programs will probably cater their pre-med courses to the AMCAS vision of the future doctor.