voices from the past...

It’s time for my 2 year shout out…Hey all you OPMer’s! I’m an old OPMer and just wanted send salutations to all the people I met a few years ago. I hope life is grand and all of your dreams are coming true.

I finished PA school a few weeks ago at the University of New England in Portland, ME and will start the PA Surgical Residency at Norwalk Hospital/ Yale University in September. I know that this is “OldPreMeds” but I strongly encourage those considering medical school also take a close look at the life of a Physician Assistant. Two years of school and my opportunities are virtually limitless. I’m very happy with how my choices played out.

OMD, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Old man Seattle Jeff, how the heck are you? Geoff? Can’t wait until I can donate more to your football pool! Ash?

Best wishes to all. Great to see OPM continue to thrive!

Congratulations! You’re always welcome here, and PA is DEFINITELY a viable option for many people. Come back and see us anytime! It’s great to hear from you.

Hello, and welcome back, and it sounds like you made the right choice for you. Congrats!

Greg,

It’s great to see you stop back by! I know I’ve kept sorta in touch with you via my football pool but, man, it’s good to see you come back. Congrats on finishing PA school and don’t be a stranger.

As for everyone else that doesn’t know Greg, he is one of the very first OPM members and was an integral part of our early years. He was with us in Dallas and his assistance proved invaluable!! Thanks again Greg!

Geoff

Congratulations Greg on finishing up in PA school! And, yes, Geoff is right. Dallas was a fun time with you present. . . lots of laughs and great fun!!

Good luck as you move forward. And keep in touch!

CONGRATS! Greg, you will always be welcome here & I am sure that there those here whou would love to learn about PA-ness through you. If you are willing to act as a resource, we’d love to have you do so. If not, then please do not be a stranger - you were & and always will be one of us.

Keep us up to date on your residency, life & career…and consider being a resource.

Hey OMD! I’m flattered and enthusiastically accept your proposal to serve as a resource for those interested in the PA profession.

In the past I wondered how, and if, the PA subject fit into the objectives of OldPreMeds. After completing PA school and being exposed to the opportunities available as a PA, I’m sure that there is some value to current OPMers.

Please let me how I might serve.

• gschimma Said:
Hey OMD! I'm flattered and enthusiastically accept your proposal to serve as a resource for those interested in the PA profession.

In the past I wondered how, and if, the PA subject fit into the objectives of OldPreMeds. After completing PA school and being exposed to the opportunities available as a PA, I'm sure that there is some value to current OPMers.

Please let me how I might serve.

The details & extent of precisely this subject is already slated to be discussed by the BOD in Chicago.

Greg!!!Congratulations on your PA success!

You are always welcome here! Don’t be surprised if we hit you up to speak at next year’s conference!

Hi Greg.

Just beginning this journey with a long road ahead, but this is what I was born to do. I am currently taking remedial algebra and I am happy to report I am not as confused as I was during this course in highschool in 1974! I plan to go the PA route as I feel it is a better fit for me and it is heartening to hear of your success and continuing relationship with OPM. I love this site and look forward to further posts from you from the PA perspective Lisa

Cheers for pursuing what you were born to do! It might be a long road but enjoy the journey. I agree, OPM is a great group filled with wonderful people pursuing their dreams. Best of luck to you!