Volunteer Site

I found this really neat site today if anyone needs a way to find some cool new volunteer opprotunities, maybe some unique ways to boost your resume with some different volunteer experiences that aren’t the run of the mill things. It’s called www.volunteermatch.org

You put in your city and you can put keywords to search so I put medicine and found all sorts of interesting things, like for instance I can volunteer at my local blood bank labelling bags which I never knew existed. I just thought it was interested and figured I’d pass it along. Sharing is caring right?

I found a student ran medical clinic that I am planning on volunteering at. It will clock medical hours working with the University doctors, more patient contact and the opportunity to improve my Spanish. Great cause too! Will find out soon if they need me. I have noticed that a lot of the 20 somethings are ALL volunteering at the hospital or children’s hospital. Makes getting a reference letter and standing out a little more difficult, eh? Look for the unique and intimate atmosphere’s.

UPDATE: The student clinic I found is so popular that NOBODY is leaving. I am on a waitlist till who know’s when. Good sign of what an amazing opp it would be. I continue my search for the perfect volunteer opportunity. Might be a hospital till I find that “free” clinic who wants ME.

I don’t think you could go wrong with either one myself. The hospital you will see lots more in terms of procedures which is what is attractive to me…The clinics are more about what medicine should be…Good choices either way,.

• RAdamson Said:
I found this really neat site today if anyone needs a way to find some cool new volunteer opprotunities, maybe some unique ways to boost your resume with some different volunteer experiences that aren't the run of the mill things. It's called www.volunteermatch.org

You put in your city and you can put keywords to search so I put medicine and found all sorts of interesting things, like for instance I can volunteer at my local blood bank labelling bags which I never knew existed. I just thought it was interested and figured I'd pass it along. Sharing is caring right?

Wow, Rhonda...thanks! Appreciate your sharing it!