What's your geek-cred?

www.thudfactor.com/geekquiz.php
Although there is nothing scientific about this test, it was a fun waste of time. And even though I had my doubts - this test confirms it. I am a geek. Who knew?
– Rachel
edited to point out: test worked fine on IE, wouldn’t work with Netscape

I’m a “geek liason” (31% geek). :) Funny, I thought I would definitely be a full-blown geek.
So, if anyone needs some geek-speak translated, I’m your gal.
Does liking to take online quizzes make you a geek? Apparently not!

me too - a geek liason (35%) - moving easily between the worlds of geek and non-geek - hehehe

23 % Geek…so, officially, not one. Apparently not a translator either. I think the fact that I never use the word “poly” prevented me from going over the edge.
Does that picture of Drew Barrymore by my personality description mean anything ???

My score of 19% disproves the validity of the test…

Quote (GED2MD @ Aug. 13 2002 12:40 pm)
My score of 19% disproves the validity of the test...

19% here too... My friends will DEFINITELY AGREE that I am a geek. Maybe it's supposed to be 19% NON-geek!! LOL

All right, I’m bummed…only 40% geek. Figure the other 60% goes to well-roundedness, I hope! :;):

Hey, wth??? I’m 47% geek…and I thought I was a cool chick. <—maybe saying the phrase “cool chick” makes me a geek?
Well, at least I go “both ways” :;):

28% geek here…or, as they phrased it --> a geek liaison! Or, bi-Geek (they said I can go both ways…although, I do find one “way” to be NOT AN OPTION!)
:cool: :O :p ???

Yessssssss…
43% aka “geek liaison.” And well proven by the fact that I actually was PUMPED to know that I beat Dave on this test.
:O

20 percent for me. Oh, well.

66% geek. No surprise. But I gotta wonder about the technogeek cred of the author of the survey, since his website only works with IE, which is not beloved by technogeeks. Microsoft is the evil empire, after all, and open source is the way to go.
Need a translation? Ask me.

Quote (Elizabeth Westphal @ Aug. 18 2002, 5:34 pm)
66% geek. No surprise. *But* I gotta wonder about the technogeek cred of the author of the survey, since his website only works with IE, which is *not* beloved by technogeeks. Microsoft *is* the evil empire, after all, and open source is the way to go.
Need a translation? Ask me.

Hey Betsy, how much do you know about open source technology?? Do you know anything about Linux?

I know a bit about Linux. Not a great deal, as yet, because I plan to move to a Unix based computing environment in the next year or so, so I'm just beginning to learn about it. But I've worked with command-line Unix on minicomputers back in the dark ages, and this has to be easier. Why? Do you have questions? If they're simple I may be able to help, and if not, I know folks who are true Unix experts.
I know more about the principeles behind open source than about all of the nuts and bolts at this time, because I have friends who have a lot of cred in the open source world and I've heard about the principles, enough to cause me to decide to move to a Unix based environment.

Quote (Elizabeth Westphal @ Aug. 19 2002, 7:23 pm)
I know a bit about Linux. Not a great deal, as yet, because I plan to move to a Unix based computing environment in the next year or so, so I'm just beginning to learn about it. But I've worked with command-line Unix on minicomputers back in the dark ages, and this has to be easier. Why? Do you have questions? If they're simple I may be able to help, and if not, I know folks who are true Unix experts.
I know more about the principeles behind open source than about all of the nuts and bolts at this time, because I have friends who have a lot of cred in the open source world and I've heard about the principles, enough to cause me to decide to move to a Unix based environment.

Hi Betsy, for some reason, I just saw your reply for the first time.. Please don't think I was ignoring you!! :p
I've tried twice now to switch over to Linux and I run into problems that I just can seem to get over!! I really wanted to give Linux another try and wanted someone that had experience with it to guide me along. :)

I had a60 % score. I was also using iCab browser and it worked for me.