When asked by your med school, Why did you want to be a Dr?

I’ve always seemed to have a way with words and it really bothers me that this seems to escape me so after reading jkp’s post now I really have to sit down and write a response to this!

Completely fascinating jkp

JKP,

That is outstanding, and well read!

Now, I still would like to know what those here who have completed med school or are attending gave as their answer! Anybody??

I haven’t start the marathon yet, but I have thought of that question for a long, long time. Maybe to justify my crazyness of going back to school at this point. Well, I am an OT and I love it. Every single part of it. I have worked in rehab, psychiatry,neuro, research, orthopedics and now in wound care. After 12 years - soon to be 13 - I finally got to a point where I feel the need to advance clinically. I worked in clinical research for 4 years. Enough to find out that academia is not my thing - I LOVE the clinic. At this point in my life I want to be able to make my own decisions regarding patient care and go deeper into the care of my patients. I believe that only Med school can actually take me where I want to go with my clinical skills. There you go. That’s my answer… :slight_smile: