Who will admit to a Plan B?

I’d like to take a 750 hour massage therapy course during the glide year and then practice on people as much as possible during medical school, once a week or twice a month, whatever is realistic. Should medicine not be in my future, I would do massage therapy as a part time activity while pursuing an advanced degree in biology or related scientific fields with the goal of getting into biotech research. Unless I decide to go into acupuncture instead.
That’s this month. Maybe after I take summer chemistry I will feel differently about some or all of these ideas.
I’m also hoping the OPM conference will help me figure things out!

I actually started working on my plan “B” last Fall, which is to complete a PhD in Pathology although right now, I’m on hiatus until I find out if I’ll get accepted MD/PhD this year.

I have a plan B (although it’s worth mentioning that trying for med school is my plan B - I have a degree in teaching ESL)…anyway - I just got accepted to GMU and I’m going for BA in Biology. I’ll take all the prequisites to med school first and will apply as soon as I qualify. if I get accepted? - cool - I’m not going to finish BA. if I don’t…well - I’ll get BA and will try for a med school…I’m not sure, though, how many times I’m ready to reapply. If I don’t want to reapply anymore, I’ll do Masters in Biology and maybe PhD - maybe in genetics, or some other medical related field

MadKasia, do you have a bachelor’s degree already in another subject? Because if not, you had better plan on just finishing this BA in biology while you apply for medical school. although many medical schools state that people will be considered with 90 credit hours (or whatever), the truth is that getting into med school without a bachelor’s degree is extremely difficult, and you don’t want to make things harder for yourself.
Mary

Mary - I don’t have Bachelors Degree - at least not from American University. I have undergraduate diploma in teaching English - about 110 credit hours + 100 credit hours in world history (both from universities in Poland).
I will apply to a medical school when I feel I’m ready…which, I think, will be after I get BA in biology…but we’ll see…

Well, for me having a degree in Biology, plus all my pre-med requirements on top of that, kinda gives me a sort of “built in” Plab B. If for some reason I can not get into medical school, anywhere, then I will have all the pre-req’s done for Physician Assistant schooling or Nurse Practitioner or even Pharmacy school.

It’s not anything I sit around worrying about. I am pretty confident I have a lot to bring to medicine. But if they do not choose me than I do have other options

Marilyn