1 DAY UNTIL THE CONFERENCE!!

Are you getting excited yet??

• DoctorGeo2008 Said:
Are you getting excited yet??

BOUNCE! Can't wait!

And for those who didn't register yet, fear not! We'll be very, very happy to take your money on-site!!!

And I'm still looking for a roommate at the Sheraton...

I AM STOKED!!! Of course, now I need to finish my powerpoint presentation…

Hey Geoff,

Powerpoint presentation check! Laundry done check! Pissed off residency program director because their Trauma chief is leaving town for vacation check! Hotel room at the Hyatt Regency check!

You dam- right I am stoked! check!

I will keep a cold one ready for you when you arrive on Thursday. I am coming in on Wednesday afternoon. This is going to be one awesome fun-filled conference. Check and Double Check!

Natalie

Have to go over to the school later to download my powerpoint to my laptop and then burn a CD for backup. Had it critiqued by one of the OMM docs and he said it was great!

What else? Oh, I know. OMT table - check! Stool for table - check!

Can’t wait for Thursday! See you all then!

Looking forward to it

I’ll be officially registering at the door - not sure if OMD got my PM before the board hack.

• pi1304 Said:
Looking forward to it

I'll be officially registering at the door - not sure if OMD got my PM before the board hack.

No worries if he didn't. Just sign up here http://www.oldpremeds.net/2006regis/index.html and we'll have all the info needed. Or, just wait until you get there. Either way is fine.. we're quite flexible.

Geoff
  • njbmd Said:
Hey Geoff,

Powerpoint presentation check! Laundry done check! Pissed off residency program director because their Trauma chief is leaving town for vacation check! Hotel room at the Hyatt Regency check!

You dam- right I am stoked! check!

I will keep a cold one ready for you when you arrive on Thursday. I am coming in on Wednesday afternoon. This is going to be one awesome fun-filled conference. Check and Double Check!

Natalie

Nat,

I am soooooooo ready for that cold one!! See you in a few days.

Geoff

I will be easy to find - in the bar! I arrive noon-ish on Wed. Will check in & plan to head straight to the WW2 memorial…unless it is, of course, raining - which is what Yahoo weather shows for DC on W, Th & F - Sa & Su are supposed to be gorgeous!

Still need to work on my stinking presentation powerpoint…may have to finish that Wednesday evening…over a fine single-malt

I went shopping allllllllllllll day today (3 different malls, people!) and spent way too much money!! I’m totally ready to blow this popsicle stand and get to DC for some fun. And maybe learn a little something. But mostly for the fun!!! Arriving Thurs, early afternoon.

Sounds like we are all pulling together our Powerpoint presentations with hours to spare. :slight_smile:

I’ll be arriving Wed. afternoon as well.

Cheers,

Judy

• OldManDave Said:
I will be easy to find - in the bar! I arrive noon-ish on Wed. Will check in & plan to head straight to the WW2 memorial...unless it is, of course, raining - which is what Yahoo weather shows for DC on W, Th & F - Sa & Su are supposed to be gorgeous!

Oh I think the weather's gonna be OK. What I'm hearing is that we've got a chance of showers each afternoon, with the best chance being Thursday afternoon maybe? But no day should be a total washout by any means.

It will be great to see everyone!

Mary

COLD IN THE HOTEL, though!

Don’t forget, everyone, in Washington, DC standard meeting room air conditioning will frost your eyeballs. Because of the way the air conditioning systems are designed and run we can’t just ask the hotel to make it warmer. IT WILL BE NIPPY. Dress accordingly.

What time will the registration be opening Friday morning? The Radisson wanted twice as much for Thursday night and they were charging for Friday and Saturday night, so we are staying in Frederick Thursday night and then heading in to the conference Friday morning.

Well, introductory remarks will take place at 8:15 Friday morning, with first presentation beginning at 8:45, so we’ll probably open registration a bit before 8:00. If you’ve preregistered, registration consists of being checked off and getting a folder and nametag, so it doesn’t take long AND you can always register during the first break. So don’t break your neck getting there before 8:00.

Can’t wait, we’ve gotten confirmation for the Sheraton and will be driving up Thursday afternoon, after I run in and out of the house a few thousand times in a neurotic panic - Did I pack everything and did I lock everything?

Can’t wait to see everyone!

Okay. The biosketches are ready. The program is ready. I have my OMT table and stool in the car. The powerpoint presentatrion is done and burned on a CD. I think all I have left is to pack our suitcase and drop the dog and parrot at the vets in the morning. Then we are on our way! Can’t wait!

A question for you DC locals…

I’m going to have Sunday to do some siteseeing and I’m wondering what might be a good/fun place to go with a 14yr old and 10 yr old daughter. I want to go to Arlington Cemetery since I’ve never been there so I’ll be doing that for sure.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Geoff

Geoff,

The Smithsonians are always good options- they have a museum for every possible interest (American History and Aerospace are my personal favorites). The Holocost Museum is also a good option depending on what they do/do not know about it. I don’t know if the White House does tours on Sundays, but they give out tickets for tours early in the morning. I’ve always wanted to take one of those trolley-type tours around the city to get the broad overview of the city.

Just a couple of thoughts. See you soon…Tara