2010-2011 Interviews and Acceptances

So, I was waitlisted at LECOM-Bradenton, which was pretty disappointing, especially since I felt like the interview went well . However, I got interviews at KCOM and Nova, so I have three more interviews in the next couple of months, so we’ll see what happens…

Sorry you feel disappointed. Good luck at your other interviews…

That is the game though. This is why medical school admissions is such a crap shoot. You do not know what the adcoms are thinking, unless you come to the conference and find out.

Good luck on your next interviews. It is still early.

The whole med school admissions process is a roller coaster - one day you’re up, the next day you’re down.

The worst part is keeping my mind off the waitlist, and wondering if the reason why I was put on the waitlist is going to keep me out of other schools or if I just wasn’t a match for that particular school.

somedayDrA

I have grasped that you have a number of interviews coming up. I wouldn’t let this waitlist haunt me too much (if I were you). Just forget about it. Besides, the other adcoms are probably not aware of the status of your application, so you start with a clean sheet every time.

Also I have read that sometimes you can send a letter to reiterate your interest in the school and follow up (I hope gonnif or gabelerman will pick up on that).

Finally, this brings up an interesting question. Does someone here have some stats that would show the likely-hood to be accepted in at least one school as a function of the number of interviews. Now I hear the skeptics saying “well you can be accepted at the only school where you have an interview” or “you can be rejected from every school even if you interview at 20”. I know these particular cases are always possible (although the 20 school one is very unlikely), but I would like to see some actual stats on the matter (not sure they exist though). For instance, I’d like to see a nice plot showing on the x axis the number of interviews on the y axis the chances (likely-hood) to be accepted in at least one school.

Anyone?

Accepted at DMU! I feel pretty good right now…I really liked DMU and felt like it was a pretty good fit…

Congratulations!

Here you go Someday. Today is the day.

Congratulations and enjoy!

So happy for you!! Congrats!

Congrats!

congrats!!!

Howdy all! I hope you don’t mind if I jump onto the bandwagon of this thread. I went to the conference a couple of years ago and it really kicked my butt into gear to apply. So far it is going well!! The young kids are surprised when they hear how old I am;) So happy all of your cycles are going so well this year!!!

Accepted to the Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine - Carolinas Campus c/o 2015!

Awesome and Congratulations.

Interviewed at UMDNJ-SOM two days ago and was accepted today! Yea!!! (Of course I dropped Gabe’s name in the interview with Dr. Krueger since he did such a great OMT presentation at Old Premeds in DC). So do I tell the other schools to stop considering my application or wait for the written offer from UMDNJ?

congrats!!! how did I come up in this interview? Always wait for things to come in writing.

I wouldn’t withdraw from the other schools until you are 100% certain that you are going to UMDNJ. It’s perfectly acceptable to have an acceptance at one school and still go on interviews at other schools.

Congrats!!

Thanks for the good wishes and advice. And Gabe, I brought up your name in the interview since I met you in 2009 in DC. Dr. K was very interested in my exposure to OMT so I mentioned the great demonstration you did at the conference that year.

Congrats!