2013 MCAT Dates are up!

(I posted this in the General Discussion area, but thought it appropriate to post here as well …)

Hi everyone - I’ve been checking the AAMC site periodically, and just discovered that the 2013 MCAT registration deadline and score release info is online now. The first date to register for the early MCATs of 2013 is October 16 … so put that date on your calendar, if you’re taking it this coming year!

Here’s the link: MCAT Registration Dates

March 23rd. Requires a lot of studying and praying.

Best of luck to you! I’m taking it the same day as you are!

Be ready for a long wait. I have been online since 4:30 a.m. Pacific Time waiting to get on, while monitoring both the registration site and their Twitter account. Briefly, the system allowed me to re-register my stats (school, ethnicity, major, etc.) but then locked me out in a long “maintenance” period. About 25 minutes ago, they posted on Twitter their the registration system was up again, but so far I have not gotten in. I wish they would put a note indicating where in the queue you are, so you can gauge just how much longer one is willing to wait.

I just registered for the earliest January 24 date.

I’ve been studying, so hopefully I will do okay.

I am retaking a Princeton Review course just to be sure, and I am doing practice tests.

• datsa Said:
I just registered for the earliest January 24 date.

I've been studying, so hopefully I will do okay.

I am retaking a Princeton Review course just to be sure, and I am doing practice tests.

Hey Datsa!

Is that Princeton Review course worth it or am I better off studying on my own with practice test, EK books, etc.???

Just curious; not real fond of plunking down 2 grand on a course that will only net me a 2 point difference or so.

Let me know...

FINALLY got registered! My date is 3/23/13.

I agree about the site issues (i.e., it being at capacity and them not letting you know when you’re getting in) - I had my laptop up for a good while yesterday, but had to go to work so stopped. Tried to get in this morning but same issue. It let me in after I got home from my lab job today. Hooray!

And now, back to studying.

• terra_incognita Said:
FINALLY got registered! My date is 3/23/13.

I agree about the site issues (i.e., it being at capacity and them not letting you know when you're getting in) - I had my laptop up for a good while yesterday, but had to go to work so stopped. Tried to get in this morning but same issue. It let me in after I got home from my lab job today. Hooray!

And now, back to studying.

Worse than trying to order an iPhone on launch day!

Congrats - good luck with the studying!
  • Doc Gray Said:
Worse than trying to order an iPhone on launch day!

Congrats - good luck with the studying!

Doc Gray: Ha - so true! Thank you for bringing a smile to my face this morning, and for the good luck wishes!