39...how did that happen? (introduction)

I’m 39. How did that happen? I’ve dreamt of medical school and practicing medicine for as long as I can remember. A 21 year (and counting) marriage, two kids (one independent, one still at home) and a brick-&-mortar from scratch business later, the dream is still alive. I attempted to go back to school a few years ago to complete my BS, but circumstances with my business put a stop to that. Now I realize I’m going to have to drastically change my life (sell business? liquidate?) in order to pursue this passion…but it just won’t go away and will not be denied.

My husband is 100% on board, but we are both struggling to figure out how this might all come together. We are praying for God to reveal the way a step at a time, mostly so that my Type-A-must-know-every-po ssible-outcome-right-this -moment tendencies will not stop me before I even get started. When I doubt myself and the “what-ifs” creep in, my husband looks at me and says, “Are you crazy? Of course you can do this!” Love that man.

Anyway, before my short intro turns into a novel I want to thank all of you. I have been browsing this site off and on for years, reading the forums. Discovered the diaries recently and can’t stop reading!!! I am so inspired and encouraged by the stories, support, advice and more that I am devouring. I look forward to becoming a regular (instead of a lurker) and getting to know all of you.

Welcome on board!

Welcome to the fun! I hope to be done with the initial part of the marathon on January 15, 2015… only to pick it back up on June 1, 2015 and continue through 2020…

Wow. I just wrote that. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the welcomes!

Welcome. I hope you find OPM to be a helpful place; I know I have. I’m glad you found the diaries–that’s where I initially found a lot of inspiration as well. I’m also glad your husband is on board. When you’re married and on this journey, that is 100% necessary.

Keep us posted on how things are going!