a crusty 44 year old shows up and...

well, i am defintely going to finish an adn program so that my son will have a stream of income during college, i don’t really need a lot to live on, but at 44, i must say that with the scope of nurse practitioners in this state possibly getting narrower, and possibly needing your doctorate for any kind of priveleges at all (word on the street) i am seriously thinking of going the MD or DO route in this state, even at 44. I know a pathologist who is 100% supportive, and i figure like many things, have the battle in this life is surrouding yourself with supportive people, and i have had it with certain things i have been subjected to, reporting to adns. i have no illusions as there are some things that are problematic for licensed physicians, but if i do not attempt it, i know in my heart i will regret it, and my mother told me to go for it, before she died, and told me that there was nothing worse than being a grumpy old man because i didn’t give it a shot. time to make mom and myself proud? i think so. i have decided specifically what i want, and i am going to pay the price. good luck to us all…best wishes from the trenches