A diverse path...

Hello all:

I would like your opinion regarding my past and how it may affect my ability to successfully gain admittance to medical school.

I am 29 years old. I was a police officer for 5 years. Prior to becoming a police officer I went to a CC for 2 years. I had several withdrawals, while enrolled in their Honors Program. I withdrew from my last semester completely and entered the police academy. FYI, my GPA when I left was 3.12.

In 2006, I again attempted college courses, in order to work towards a B.S. All the while having medical school in mind. Unfortunately, my position as a detective forced me to withdraw once again.

In 2007, I transferred my CC credits and my Police Academy credits to Liberty University (a SACS accredited online degree program). Since that time I have been diligently and consistently working towards my B.S. in criminal justice. I have a 3.7 GPA with three semester left.

I am also enrolled in an EMT program at my CC, with a 4.0 GPA. I am enrolled in my CC’s honors program as well. I am considering taking my pre-requisites in the Honors program at this CC. I would be eligible to receive an A.A. Honors degree in biology. I am taking the EMT route to gain experience in a clinical setting (I will be working in a hospital ER).

This is my planned route, however I would appreciate any advice that you would offer.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and respond.