Acceptance at age 50!!!

Amen to that, Good Luck on your journey!

WOW! Thatā€™s absolutely incredible. Best of luck to you, and thanks for sharing - you have no idea how encouraging it was to read your post today. I spent yesterday looking into how Iā€™m going to finance my post-undergrad schooling (a post bac program, and then - I hope - medical school), and it was all so overwhelming. And daunting - all the forms, all the loans, all the debt ā€¦ you have reminded me to keep my eyes on the goal. Thank you.

You are an inspiration! I hope to go DO myself one day.

Congratulations!!!

AWESOME!!!

congrats! ā€“ now the real fun begins!

Fantastic!! Awedome!! Enjoy the next few months before you begin. They will fly. . . . and then the hard work will really be engaged. But, if youā€™re like me, youā€™ll absolutely love it!!

Sweet news! I am looking forward to say the same some day!

Congratulations! That is outstanding news!

Congrats! Iā€™m so happy for you!!!

you rock!

Thatā€™s awesome. Good for you. I started Med School at 47. It can be done

Congratulations! Iā€™m sure youā€™re estactic! I would be too and I canā€™t wait til it is my turn. Again, congrats!

congratulation knock it out the park:

This is wonderful news. Congratulations and then some!

I am so happy you posted this; b/c someone on another board shared how someone on one particular adcom where she interviewed told her flat out ā€œYouā€™re too old.ā€ He also told her that she needed to be volunteering full-timeā€“I believe she works, goes to school, and has children. She did not get accepted into that school, but I think she was accepted somewhere else.

The comment took me aback a little.

I was feeling just a wee bit discouraged for a few moments by that post; however your post has turned that around!

Thanks, and again definitely Congrats. Please post more about this school as well.

And please go to the med school diary and let us know how itā€™s going. I LOVE those diaries. They are beyond awesome. There are those of us that draw great strength from the sharing in the diaries.

Thatā€™s great, youā€™re an inspiration. Can you share more of your story?

That is an incredible accomplishment. Congratulations and keep us all updated on how your studies go. Best of luck Dr.

Iā€™m brought to tears reading your news. Congrats to you, for never giving up and giving me hope that this can be done. I just finished my first semester of undergrad for this journey, and looking at the long road ahead can be daunting. Your success is a reminder of what lies ahead if I keep going.

Good luck to you in the future!!!

Congratulation Doctor Fischer!

Your post is what I really needed to see. I am just starting Post Bacc Premed at 45 with some doubts about my age. Thank you for sharing and for breaking the glass ceiling of endless possibilities. You are an inspiration.

All my best wishes, Delia

I have never posted before and am more of a lurker, but this is just what I needed to see. Thanks so much for sharing. I am 40, enrolled at Camden County College working towards an AS in Biology with hopes to transfering to either Rowan or Rutgers for a BS, with the ultimate goal of attending UMDNJ. So, as I said above, this is what I needed to hear. Congratulations! Did you do your undergrad in the local area too?