Acceptance at age 50!!!

After years of rebuilding my life and retaking science undergraduate work and finishing graduate school this May, I just got accepted into Medical School here at the University Medical & Dental School of New Jersey-School of Osteopathic Medicine. I just got my acceptance call today at 3:00 EST and I’m being ‘flying high’ since that call. You can now call me Student Doctor Fischer,

graduating class of 2014! It took an abundance (years) of hardwork, dedication, and perseverance to get to this point, to achieve a dream that will be now a reality. I’ll will be 51 on the day of White Coat Ceremony. Never give up, never give in, and never buy into negativity!!!

Catherine aka worldclass

2 Likes

Congratulations!!!

Dr. Fisher, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I am really happy for you!

I can’t wait 'till my time comes! LOL

Congrats.I am happy for you. I know it must have been hard. I am aiming for a PA program and when I finish I will probably be about 54. Any advice or pointers on how you did it and how you did not get discouraged and let age stop you?

1 Like

Congratulations!

GREAT JOB!!! AND GOOD LUCK!!!

Awesome … You gives us all hope that age is not a factor!

You Rock!! Congrats!

Another one of our “over 40” to add to the growing list of

MS #

Residents

Licensed/Practicing Physicians

Congratulations! “Awesome” is your middle name!

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing with us. It’s great to see others succeed and is really inspiring.

So exciting! It’s so encouraging to see your post. Congratulations!!!

CONGRATS. You are so inspiring me right now !!!

Wow! Congrats…reading a post like yours make me know its possible! Thank you and good luck!

Congratulations! Will you be starting a diary on here? Would love to read about your experiences as you progress through medsch.

Congratulations! I second the request for a diary, it would be great to hear about your experiences. Good Luck!

Great, great story. And here I am at age 37 wondering if my dream of doing emergency medicine should be left for my kids to pursue. Thank you so much for sharing that piece of your life. I was just pushed over into the land of possibility by it. I have been searching for a site like this one, and I praise God for leading me to it. I am definitely in the right company. I am definitely not alone on this journey. I shall go after my dream and I shall succeed. God bless you, all of you as you think big, dream big and achieve big.

I think you’ve made my day. Thank you for posting this.

Rock On! I hope you share your journey with us.

God be praised. I needed to see this tonight. I was absolutely going to hang it up. An old pre-med friend bailed on

med school and gave me his pre-med texts. Staring at them for months. Now I know. It can be done. Prayer works. I prayed for clarity this week. God be

praised for prayers answered and allowing me to entertain the idea, and not just buckle and walk. We really can do all things through He that strengthens us :slight_smile: