Always nice when the hard work pays off

So, got my final research paper back in my English 1002 (which is 102 at most schools, weird numbering system…) and had this comment: “You use a confident and effective writing voice throughout this paper. In fact, with your excellent word choice and well-written sentences, you probably have the most sophisticated writing style that I have seen in an ENG 1002 class.”

Considering the fact that a) this teacher is considered the hardest grader in the college, even by other English teachers and b) I hate writing essays (doubly so for research essays) so I don’t bother with multiple drafts or massive re-writes, I’m going to take this one and run with it. Now if only English classes really mattered for a med school app!

Excellent job Night!

Solid work!

Got my Chem grade today. Baring some insanity that I completely do not see happening in my Ethics class, I’m still sitting on a 4.0 (since returning to school) after two semesters. Not bad from a guy who pulled Cs and Bs in the high school dual-credit classes and couldn’t be arsed to even show up for class back when I was young and stupid@!

• NightGod Said:
Got my Chem grade today. Baring some insanity that I completely do not see happening in my Ethics class, I'm still sitting on a 4.0 (since returning to school) after two semesters. Not bad from a guy who pulled Cs and Bs in the high school dual-credit classes and couldn't be arsed to even show up for class back when I was young and stupid@!

Totally know that feeling, ain't it great.
  • BaileyPup Said:
  • NightGod Said:
Got my Chem grade today. Baring some insanity that I completely do not see happening in my Ethics class, I'm still sitting on a 4.0 (since returning to school) after two semesters. Not bad from a guy who pulled Cs and Bs in the high school dual-credit classes and couldn't be arsed to even show up for class back when I was young and stupid@!

Totally know that feeling, ain't it great.

It really, really is Another great feeling is other students you just spent the whole year with being upset that you aren't taking the same classes as them next year because they were looking forward to/counting on studying with you again. Overall been a great first year back.

Shoot, I DID do well in HS and college, and just the basic prereqs have me intimidated. I feel you.

I’m sure you’ll do fine! Just make sure to schedule yourself a bit more time than you think you’ll need at the start so you can re-learn study habits and remember how to learn