Amount of time it takes to finish undergrad

Hey everyone I am new to the board but glad I have come across it. Alot of good information. I am currently 36 y/o I am in the Army and am a nurse. I want to go to medical school and really I am just getting started on my pre reqs. I am getting out in 4 years and am trying to make a plan. I am currently in Iraq and coming home in oct where I am taking some stuff online. I guess to cut to the chase. Does it matter how long it takes to get my undergrad work done? Will it hurt me or even if I have 4.0 (hypothetically). If it take 6 years to get there will they view that differently?

As long as it’s clear that you’re starting your work while on active duty, I don’t think it will hurt you.

Mary

I agree with Mary. I think it depends on the circumstance behind it, and considering your circumstances, I wouldn’t worry a bit.

Thank you!

Consistently high achievement is way more important than how long it takes you. Make a plan and stick to it. If you intend to take 5-7 hours per semester for a given period of time, then plan ahead for which courses you should be taking to keep you on track for your goals.

Conversely, if you get to a point where you plan to take a full course load, make sure you have resources in place so you won’t be distracted by the need to pick up more paid work which might compromise your education.

With the right motivation, most people can work and go to school at the same time. However, trying to do both full-time is widely discouraged. Prior planning is the key.

Stay safe, and thank you for serving.