Any financial aid other than loans?

So here’s a fun question (and I’m especially interested in people who go/went to Louisville, UKY, and U Cinti since these are all in-state/metro for me): did anyone receive grants or other non-academic excellence scholarships (besides the obvious national rural program and military programs) for part or all of med school? I ask because I think I calculated that even with the extended amounts available up to $226k, I only have approx. $135K in Stafford amounts left after my post-bach, and I’m worried it’s not going to cover my tuition, even in-state, for four years. Let’s say that I don’t have the best credit because I’m self-employed right now, but that should improve over time, I’m married with one kid (two by med school), and my husband will be bringing in about $40k a year while I’m in school/residency, so we usually get Pell grants. Do they even have Pell grants for med students? What about Perkins loans?

Thanks!

Most medical students get GradPLUS loans on top of the Stafford loans. GradPLUS loans cover the remaining cost of attendance (COA) that Stafford loans, scholarships, etc don’t cover. To qualify for the GradPLUS loans, you cannot have major derogatories (bankruptcies, repossessions, 90 days past due, etc.) on your credit report.

Yeah, I know about GradPlus, but since the lending crunch happened, you can’t have anything on your credit report at all. I’m looking for other things than this.

Thanks!