Any helpful Cardiovas specialist/intern/resident?


I’m looking for some basic answers as to how a physician would code Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (which ICD-9-CM/ICD-10 codes do you use?) 416.0-416.9? Curious to know if specialists are still relying on the older classification (PPH/SPH) or the revised WHO classification of PAH (PPH and Associated PH).

I can go into more detail if I find that someone is interested in helping out.


Sorry your post has been ignored - but I think that is a testament that your topic of inquiry is not within the realm of anyone’s expertise. I suspect that you might secure this info from a coder or from a practicing physician. Typically, residents don’t focus too much on coding, except towards the end of their training. However, it a large focus for attending level Docs.

No worries. I’ve been noticing that as well. I will definitely ask physicians (through my work). I appreciate your feedback.
Please feel free to delete this post - I was thinking of writing someone on the exec team to do so anyway.