Any local OPM groups that meet in person regularly?

Curious if anyone on here gets together in person besides at the annual conference. Would be nice to cross polinate info and ideas with people in the same boat. Any suggestions would be appreciated. By the way I’m in Philly.

I personally do not know of any in my state. Just your typical pre-med clubs and associations at your local universities.

However, if you did do some searching here, there was a member not too long ago who had talked about starting her own organization in her area for older pre-meds and non-trads. I have not seen or read any more from her in regards to doing that. It’s really a great idea, but you would also be contending with the more established and recognized pre-med clubs at your local schools.

I think I know what your talking about, and that would be something away from school where you would get together, however, I am not aware of any in my state of Michigan, nor your state.

If you do come across an organiazation or group like that, post some info or link here for others…It would be interesting to see if your able to come across anything like that…Best of luck to you!!!

• trader2md Said:
Curious if anyone on here gets together in person besides at the annual conference. Would be nice to cross polinate info and ideas with people in the same boat. Any suggestions would be appreciated. By the way I'm in Philly.

It's been tossed about by various people... but I think it's been a hard idea to sustain - between the demands of school/job/family and the transience of the pre-med portion of this pursuit, there's just not been a core of people in any one place to keep something going, I think.

That's why the annual conference is so great. You're just up the road in Philly, you ARE planning to attend right?!

Mary

I am. Its scheduled for next paycheck. This one is going to summer Chem classes.

Alas, conference hails over a final for me. I’m in the Harrisburg region though.

I’m in Columbus OH and am in regular touch with at least one local OPM. If anyone else is in the area, I’d be happy to meet up and share ideas.

You know, I have been thinking about the same thing. I mean meeting in person. I just started pre-med and they said at incept that there are over 270 student organizations at Georgia State. I would love to start some sort of oldpremeds group here…

I’m in Atlanta also! Let me know if you start something up! Oh and will also be attending the conference.

P.S. I’m starting the post bacc program at Agnes Scott this summer, however I am looking for some sort of pre-med groups to join, preferrably for non-trads.

Unfortunately not local to any of folks, but I’m looking to some OPMer’s in the Houston area? Drop me a line!

Ron