Any Other Hair Band Junkies Out There?

I admit it–I miss the rock music of the 80’s…I am sitting here playing on the computer listening to Journey…Guns and Roses also makes it into the musical line up, as well as White Snake, Foreigner, Scorpions, De Leppard and VanHalen. I tap into some Doobie Brothers now and then. I need music to study by–anyone else fall into that category?
Anyone been watching “I Love the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s” on VH1?
Ok–I am going back to wallow in nostalgia now–
Blessings–and lots of hair spray–Aqua Net if you please lol
Erica

Me! Me! Me!!!
I am also hopelessly addicted to hairbands - especially of the 80’s. I recently drug my poor fiance (who hates hair bands) to see KISS and Poison. At least he liked KISS.
I also made him go see Jackyl and Tesla.
I’m running about 50/50. He still hates Poison and Jackyl, but he’s been listening to my KISS CD’s, and he bought me the new Tesla disc.
My personal VH1 favorites are “100 most metal moments” and "When Kiss ruled the world"
Amy

I love the 80’s!
As far as hairbands go, I like Great White, Bon Jovi, Ratt, Motley Crue, Krokus, Yes and Asia. Some wierd hairdo bands of the 80’s, I like, include Flock of Seagulls, Missing Persons, Duran Duran, Berlin and The Cure.

Yes, I too love the 80’s!! I didn’t have a computer, cellphone, or CDs…and I thought Atari was awesome (still do!). I enjoy any 80’s movie because it’s fun to look for the giant clunky cellphones, the monstrous modems and room-size computers, funky hairdos, music and clothes. Remember when MTV first came out and was actually about music videos? Remember “Dream-away”, the grapefruit pill endorsed by Telly Savalas?

Quote:

Me! Me! Me!!!
I am also hopelessly addicted to hairbands - especially of the 80’s. I recently drug my poor fiance (who hates hair bands) to see KISS and Poison. At least he liked KISS.
I also made him go see Jackyl and Tesla.
Amy

My ex, myself and our daughter went to that concert !!! So fun, girl age 10 jammin to rock-n-roll all night word for word!!!

Quote:

My ex, myself and our daughter went to that concert !!! So fun, girl age 10 jammin to rock-n-roll all night word for word!!!

I was actually impressed at how much of a family show this was, other than the typical sexual references in the songs. Lots of kids with parents, many of them in KISS makeup. I don’t think I heard a single swear word out of any of the performers all night. My only complaint would be that the music was a bit loud for young ears, and I didn’t see any earplugs.
Amy

I remember getting the cassette (who would have thought those would have gone by the wayside???) of Poison where they have the picture of the four guys on the front. I showed it to my best friend. His reply, "Wow those chicks are hot!"
Ahhhh, the memories…
Larry

My wife and I love the 80’s. It was simpler time. No responsibilities and life was good.
We listen to 80’s music from 7-12 on Saturday nights, we have two 80’s CD sets and listen to them ad finatum.

Hi there,
I listen to Van Halen and Poison fairly regularly. Love to do surgery with Poison in the background.
Natalie

Not sure about other shows - ours was in the ampitheatre so we were dancing out in nature as they lit up the stage - incredible and yeah, not as raunchy which was nice… there were some other kiddos there and they sorta hooked up and made fun of us parents for a bit and then jammed themselves… fun!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That is great!! What kills me is that I used to think those guys were hot…now I like my men clean with short hair and pants that do not even closely resemble leather LOL Who would have thought that guys with eye liner on could create so many teen fantasies??
Erica