Anyone graduating

Hi all,
So what OPMers are graduating with the undergrad degrees this month? Anyone?

May 14th!

I graduated in December, BS in Interdisciplinary Studies, w/concentrations in both Biology and Chemistry, accepted to WVSOM Class of 2008! woohoo!!

Me too! Congrats Everyone! I graduate in May. Decided to do a second BS (first one was in international studies) instead of a post-bac or masters.

I’m hoping that graduating with honors with a GPA 3.9 (stupid histology class, my only B!) in Biology with a minor in Chem will make up for my first undergrad GPA of 2.9.

Unfortunately I still have to take the MCAT’s- signed up for August, but feel like if I take it in spring, and just delay my application by a year, that it could be the difference between a 36 and a 26. Sigh.

Yes, after a perfect 4.0 at Harvard I am going to be starting my residency at the Cleveland Clinic. My name is Rob Dubhgail and I am from Valhalla, New Jersey. I’ve never been to the Midwest, so I’m excited to be heading out there. My main medical interest is euthanasia. I’m very interested in helping people “just get it over with.” I’m very passionate about this topic, and helping people end their suffering. I think it’s the responsibility of any good doctor or moral human being.

• youil Said:
Yes, after a perfect 4.0 at Harvard I am going to be starting my residency at the Cleveland Clinic. My name is Rob Dubhgail and I am from Valhalla, New Jersey. I've never been to the Midwest, so I'm excited to be heading out there. My main medical interest is euthanasia. I'm very interested in helping people "just get it over with." I'm very passionate about this topic, and helping people end their suffering. I think it's the responsibility of any good doctor or moral human being.

I suspect this person doesn't intend to be funny - but I am so laughing my @$$ off!

Hello, I just only found out about this website a few days ago. I felt very alone until I started reading all the questions. I’m not a spring chicken, just finishing up a bachelor in Accounting but now know that it should have been in pre-med. So, I will be starting prereq class next spring, does anyone know if by just taking the prereq courses…that it will be enough to prepare for MCAT? Has anyone just done the prereq courses and taken the MCAT versus doing a second bachelor in premed or biology?

Thanks,

Mollie33

I did just prereqs and was fine on the MCAT. A genetics class in addition might have helped, since my freshman bio class wasn’t particularly rigorous, but I had no big trouble with the MCAT and I’m in med school now. During my glide year (the year when you’re done with prereqs and the MCAT and are in the process of applying) I took biochem and genetics, and I’m glad I did.

But that’s about all the science I’ve got, and so far it’s going fine!